Scent Control

Other than paying attention to the wind, I don't do anything special. I also don't use dryer sheets with my play clothes.

Originally Posted By: HouseCat You want to be a SMART A$$ about it and you wont get anymore replies out of me!!! You asked the question.

???????????????????

How is that being a smart [beeep]? I was just wondering why you were the only one that replied.

I was hoping to get a few more answers is all.

I appreciate your first reply, but after the last one, I am wondering if this is the forum for me.

Last edited:
Hmm. I dont think it was a bad question and my answer is: I try to be as scent free as possible in terms of using unscented bath products and laundry products. After that I keep track of the wind direction. Its worked for me since '69 I absolutely do not believe in cover scents.

Jeff

Last edited:
I don't wear cologne and try to avoid any of the strongly scented laundry stuff. I gave up on the cover scents for predators.

Nate

I'm a Heavy Equipment Operator.....So I always have Diesel Scent on me.
I've tried cover scents , they didn't help......So I'll stick with the Wind !

I`ve read somewhere on this forum that even though the drug smugglers try to mask the scent of dope, they still can`t fool the dogs nose. I would think a coyote would be harder to fool with some kind of masking scent control, like one guy quoted, scent control sprays are a gimmik.

I really don't feel like Scent controls are gimmicks. I do think some work alot better than others. No scent is the best scent! I use a scent control that kills the human odor, no change it to skunk smell or fox pee, ect. Also, like has been said, play the wind!! JMO

P.S. There are a few wise guys on P.M., But they are harmless. Don't let them scare you off. P.M. is a good place to be!!

Housecat, I'm a little confused...

The question was posed, and after four hours, only one response, what is with the attitude??
Quote:You want to be a SMART A$$ about it and you wont get anymore replies out of me!!! You asked the question.
IMHO, it was a legitimate concern on a good subject from someone trying to learn...

All members don't hang onto every post on the site and due to the time of day it was posed (5:42 PM),,,a lot of them don't settle down on the computer until mid evening....but I also would have thought someone would have responded, since we have a large population of registered members...and the activity on the site can bury a post down the list rather quickly..

Usually, I will go to "Active Topics" first and then to the various categories that are specifically interesting to me...If something doesn't pop up in the "Active" list, and I dont scan several pages in the past ones, I, or anyone else, may miss a subject...

I'm a little confused...

The question was posed, and after four hours, only one response, what is with the attitude?

OldTrutle I don't have a attitude but look at the part of the post that say's hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. He makes me think that im the only one that is using scent control products and im just stupid for doing it HMMMMMMMMMM. I always enjoy reading your post and in in no way trying to pick a fight. I just thought that I had a jab thrown my way and was not going to let it go unanswered. I don' try to start anything on this forum but will not take any kind of criticism that I don't deserve.

I use scent control.
cool.gif

Back