Dove guns, chokes, & loads?

I use my
1. 12ga
2. Beretta 686 Silver Pigeon
3. and the skeet chokes
4. with 7 1/2 shots

I saw plenty of birds on my way to work today, hope i can get a few this season....

///Fredrik

I use dove season as a practice for upland game season so I use my upland shotgun a M12 Winchester in 16ga. I have two of them and anymore thats about the only shotgun I shoot.

71/2 or 8 shot.

This year I am going to shoot a few with an old Winchester Model 37 12ga thats been in the family for 70 years. I've got some 1 oz 8s for it. Just for the fun of it.

My grandpa hunted with a Winchester M37 Steelbuilt his whole life. I began my hunting career with a M37 .410 at eight years old. The first five shots were at tin cans for practice. Then we went hunting and the next three shots took three fox squirrels out of a hickory tree. Some sorry s.o.b. stole that gun while we were on vacation. I'd sure like to have it back...

Recently its been

20 gauge Ruger Red label
IC and LM chokes
AA 7/ 1/2's
I had not hunted doves for 20 years and then I moved to Texas. There were no White wings in Waco then(1991) and now they estimate there are over 50,000 living in the city so somebody had to step up.Last year I bought a case of 20 gauge AA's and I have maybe 3 shells left and never hunted more than 10 minutes from my house.

What....No love for the .410? I always start off with my Mossberg 500 in the .410.. If, and I do mean IF I get frustrated enough... I will break out a 12 gauge of some flavor, but I started with a .410 when I was 12 and I still use one every year. 3" 7.5's, and be picky about my shots, and I can still kill a limit on a good day.

Back