Welcome Steve Timm

U know Steve before i started writing some for TVHM i followed your articles mostly in the magazine. Excellent technical stuff presented in a great writing style as well. Always checked the TOC to see if u were there, and what wild caliber u were gonna be writing about. I'll never forget the 220 Swift AI article you wrote about and the hard powder fouling problem u ran into with it. I had the same problem with a 22-250 AI and 40 gr. bullets, but scrapped the barrel before i read that article, durnit!

Can't thank u enuf for the Varmint Hunter reticle also. Have killed some stuff at long-range with it on top of my Savage Striker right here--
img016.jpg

Anyways--welcome!!

Welcome Steve...

I'm over at 24HC often and have conversed with you as well. Got your 6x45 article that I refer to often that you sent me...

Your friend Greg...

Glad you made it here...

Glad to see you around Steve. Hope all is well over your way. You have always been very generous about sharing your experience and knowledge and it is appreciated. I know you have sure helped me a bunch on things in the past. Thank you.

Here is a young feller, (my son) who you recommended 100 BT's for his 260 Rem. So far the results have been great.

This was his first called coyote to die from his 100 BT/260 combo.

JaredcoyotefootballDisneyland098.jpg

Hey Lonny, Greg and SS,

Thanks for the welcome.

Lonny, please be sure to congratulate the young man for me. Very COOL coyote.

I guess one good photo deserves a few from me.

MontanaSnowBuck.jpg

Here's a buck I killed near Jordan, Montana during a really cold year. Killed him with my .280 Ackley.

P1010269.jpg

Here's a photo of a decent mule I shot just before the blizzard (in the background) set in.

P1000058.jpg

Couple of bulls I killed with the expanded bullets on the photo. Both bullets are .284" 120-grain Ballistic Tips shot out of my 7-08 Ackley.

There was a heated discussion about the worthiness of the 120-grain Ballistic Tip as a big game bullet on this forum lately. I've prolly killed thirty head of big game very cleanly with the bullet and my experiences with it have always been excellent.

Frankly, I had no dog in the fight on the forum and said nothing. I'll just continue killing schit with the Nosler .284" 120-grain Ballistic Tip.
grin.gif

Moose.jpg

Here's a bullwinkle that I killed with the 120-grain Ballistic out of my .280 Ackley. He stood at 91-yards and I slipped one under his chin. Dead Right There.

BigBuck.jpg

Decent Montana mule. Killed him waaaaay out there with a single Nosler prototype bullet from my .280 Ackley.

bloodygoat.jpg

A really pretty Montana pronghorn. I killed him with my .280 Ackley after a fabulous stalk.

For some strange reason, the editors never published this slightly bloody photo.
grin.gif
grin.gif

karengoat1.jpg

Wife of forty-five years, Karen, with a goat she bonked with her .250 Ackley and a 100Ballistic.

whitetail.jpg

Here is a really nice Alberta whitetail I murdered with my .280 Ackley and a prototype Nosler bullet.

P1010279.jpg

Decent dall sheep I stalked and killed when I was young and able.

I'm figgering that's enough photos for a while. I gots lots more, but folks run out of patience.
grin.gif

Steve

What the heck, I might as well throw in another photo.

Kbuck.jpg

This is one of my favorites. Karen with a really nice mule she bonked at about 300 yards with her .250 Ackley and a single 100-grain Hornady Spier Point Interlocked.

Dead Right There and, of course, he tumbled a couple hundred yards down into a canyon (groan!!!!) Getting the bugger out was a bit of a rodeo.

Obviously, the photo was taken back at the ranch, on flat ground. Trust me, he died and tumbled on anything BUT flat ground.
grin.gif

Steve

Steve,

Belated welcome from the land of cheese
grin.gif

Thanks to you, i took out two deer, a coyote and a porky with the 7-08/120BT combo this year.

Al

Hey Steve,

Welcome to PM! Glad to have you.

I had the pleasure of hunting with one of you co-writers not long ago. Brian Pearce....

Brian's a great guy, as you probably know.

Dig in here. We are looking forward to having your input.

Barry

Back