Ok, so....204 Ruger upper compatibility?

Flatlander.54

OK, I may be getting a DPMS .204 Ruger upper/barrel assembly. I was in the frame of mind that it would work on any standard AR lower assembly but, DPMS's site has .204 lowers advertised along with .223/5.56 lowers.
Is there a difference somewhere that prevents using a .204 upper with a standard .223 lower? Im confused as to why they would list LOWERS specifically for .204 AND .223 if the .204 upper will work on any standard AR lower.

.204 upper will work on any AR-15 lower. I would assume the only reason that they sell a .204 lower is for those people that just have to have a lower that is marked in the correct caliber. Not that big of a deal to me. I know what caliber each of my AR's is and that is all that matters to me. All my lowers are actually marked "Multi".

Any AR15 lower will work with there 204 Upper, I havn't looked at there site for a long time and I dont see why they would Advertise them as 204 Lower's and I do have one of there 204 ruger 24" Flutted upper's and it shoot's very Nice, a little on the Heavy side, But depends on what your use will be..

Thanks guys, that pretty much seals the deal for me then. Looks like Im soon on my way to having my first AR, it might not be complete and shootable until after the first of the year, but its a start.

Originally Posted By: erslll.204 upper will work on any AR-15 lower. I would assume the only reason that they sell a .204 lower is for those people that just have to have a lower that is marked in the correct caliber. Not that big of a deal to me. I know what caliber each of my AR's is and that is all that matters to me. All my lowers are actually marked "Multi".

Your right erslll...I e-mailed DPMS and that was the answer they gave.

Flatlander: You'll like it. Mine shoots lights out--so to speak. And, really not all that heavy. Not near as heavy as my White Oak upper.

tt

Last edited:
Sounds good, Im anxious to get everything together. Still need to come up with a lower and all the other goodies, so it may be a while yet before I have a complete rifle, but Im on my way.

Originally Posted By: Flatlander.54Sounds good, Im anxious to get everything together. Still need to come up with a lower and all the other goodies, so it may be a while yet before I have a complete rifle, but Im on my way.

Hello to a fellow Hoosier! Can't wait to hear a range or field report on that setup when you get it done.

Back