First real day of barn hunting!!

vargy49

Started off driving for miles. Either no body was home or they said they didnt have any coons in the barns or just plain [beeep] said no.
So we kept driving and finally got one about 20 miles east of me.
The dogs located under a hay feeder. We moved some old hay and boards and they found it. A dang Grinner!!
Next barn had round corn stalk bales. They located right away. we could move a few of the bales to the side and they got ahold and another Grinner!!
I have a guy from work that has never been barn hunting and he brought his Terrier that has never seen a coon. He is a full brother to my Tina Terrier.
We stop at a few more barns and its a no go. We are working our way back home and stop at a kids house that use to work with me.
We check out a hog building and no body is home. go over to a old corn crib and Copper is acting like there is somthing in it from the out side.
We get in side and Little Missy enters under a floor and 2 seconds later game is on. All the Terriers get under the floor to give Missy a hand. I didnt have any stags out yet cause we were right next to a hi way.
I run back to the truck and pop the door open and let Liz and Libby out.
We get a couple boards loose and all goes quiet. I could just reach the coon and pull it out. The Terriers took care of that coon on thier own.
One of the Terriers heads back under the floor and seconds later game on again.
They got that coon pulled back close enough that Liz got ahold and pulled that one out.
Seconds later they enter again and its on again.thats # 3 coon. They got it pulled close enough and I tailed that one out.
Got the dogs off that one and Sadie enters the floor again and its on again. That one took them abit but finally got it close enough and Libby tailed that one out. Thats # 4. Missy enters the floor again and # 5 is found and all the Terriers head back in again.
That one was a [beeep] of a battle but finally got it close enough and Liz yanked that one out.
All the dogs are about shot and havent even checked the side that Copper located when we were walking up. I get the water and bucket out of the truck and gave every one a breather and a drink.
We pop a board loose and Babe enters the other side and she is on in seconds again.thats # 6.
about 5 mins of a heck of a battle and Liz gets ahold and pulled that one out.
I get to checking all the dogs out and they all need some doctering.
We call it a day and head home. get the 6 coons skinned and got in the house. Gave every one a nice warm bath and a shot of pen and dex.
Copper,Casey,Babe and Missy took the most beating so I gave them all a baby asprin.
Pics coming later
All the little dogs did a very good job today.
The guys with me today all wanted to take Little Missy home with them. She really put a show on today for only being 6 1/2 months old.
I am really glad I had the stags with me today they really saved the day on some of the coons. They were able to pull the coons out even with 5 Terriers attached to the coon.
Pretty good day. 5 coons back to back and a 10 min breather for the 6th one.

Vargy

TLTAH-Terrysfirstbarn.JPG

Vargy

Back