Pictures of my empty day of stands...

JDReno

Well, I didn't come home completely empty handed: I got some great pictures....
Headed out and called in the snow for my first time ever. There's about 8" out where I headed, and another storm on the way this weekend so I figured they'd be on the move with the nice weather today(24 degrees and hardly a breeze). Made 6 stands all together, two of which I was confident I would have something come in, they just seemed like "perfect setups"(stands 2, 3). Saw a ton of tracks, But I guess it wasn't meant to be today, they simply weren't replying to anything I threw at them. Although I did see three of 'em right off the highway on the drive home... go figure.
confused.gif

Stand 1:
4175053845_5dc259d747.jpg

looking back at stand 1:
4175052881_709a42db5f.jpg

Stand 2:
4175052877_f5862f780a.jpg

Stand 3:
4175052871_20091b1fe9.jpg

Stand 4:
4175052869_93d2a2f098.jpg

4175052863_73ca725aed.jpg

Stand 5:
4175052859_4581d8bf04.jpg

looks like on stand two you was set up a nice lil intersection. Had a few stands seems like the place should be crawling with coyotes but nothen ever comes in...You'll get em next time.

When was this ? Was there a full moon the night before ? I went out out side of Fallon NV last Saturday and the night before it was a full moon and not a single sight.Local gun shop owner mentioned full moon means no coyotes the following day. But I did see a Grey Fox running across a fenced in ranch as I was driving into an area.

Nice looking country. In the stand 2 pic it looks like you had some fresh tracks in the area. Im' not sure how the moon affects them I have got a few early and then nothing the rest of the day. I'm not experienced enough to make any bold statements about this.

Beautiful stands there. Thats the stuff I lay awake in bed at night fantasizing about. LOL! Keep after 'em. I've had some of my best days on first quarter and third quarter moon phases. Good Luck

Tom Austin

Originally Posted By: ironworkerWhen was this ? Was there a full moon the night before ? I went out out side of Fallon NV last Saturday and the night before it was a full moon and not a single sight.Local gun shop owner mentioned full moon means no coyotes the following day. But I did see a Grey Fox running across a fenced in ranch as I was driving into an area.

There were something like 365 coyotes taken at the WCCC, the day after a full moon.

Thanks for the comments guys! This was just yesterday so it was a last quarter moon. I had hoped to get out again today, but looking outside there's already an inch of fresh snow and visibility is nil. Supposed to get another 6"-8" in the next 24-48 hours. Figured they've already bedded down and are waiting it out, so I'm hoping to hit it hard the day this storm breaks.

Back