Nosler Accubond or Partition in .243

I used the nosler ballistic tips last year for mule deer and antelope in Wyoming. I think the ballistic tips are to explosive as they really wasted a lot of meat. I also used sierra 100 grains and got drt results with less meat loss on a couple antelope.
Tim

Just a little update on the performance of the 100gr. Partitions. Shot a big doe this morning and decided to take her through the shoulders to see how the Partitions held up. Very pleased, a thumb sized hole on the opposite shoulder. Bullet performed perfect. I'm shooting 100gr. Partitions over 32.5gr of Varget and WinLR primers. Third deer this year with this little Model 7 Predator, couldn't be happier.

My A-bolt 243 didn't shoot the 100 partition very good but it shot the 95 partition a little better. I'm guessing the 95 was made for a 10 twist and the 100 for a 9 1/4 (remington 700) twist but what do I know? I get best accuracy with the 85 Gameking BTHP and 85 TSX so that's what I shoot.

I have never had an accuracy problem with the 100 but you guys have got me wanting to try the 95 grain. I'll have to add them to my next order!

Anybody ever think of tryin a 105 Amax I shot a mule deer at 266 yards and was DRT. I use 9 1/2 primers and a stiff charge of ramshot hunter, very accurate. I shoot a savage with a 1 in 9 1/8 twist.

My sons and I have killed several deer with my 700 ADL using 100 grain Partitions. Mostly smaller Blacktail here in Washington and a few Whitetails in Montana. I'm using 42.5 grains of H4831SC. Groups are under an inch. Not super fast at about 2950fps but it has worked just fine.

Shot this mule deer @334 yds caught both lungs left a quarter size exit. That's a 3006 recovery gun in the pic as the deer went into a wooded bottom and I didn't know if it would get western or not. My bolt gun is a 700 remington with a Shilen 26" barrel. The whitetail was @ 245 yds bang flop with a neck shot. My load is 42.7 IMR 4350 behind a 85gr Sierra BTHP. Got it down to a 1.15 group @ 200yds. The .243 is a great caliber for any North American game with a well placed shot. It doesn't matter how fast or how big a bullet is if it doesn't hit the mark.
Deer016.jpg
Deer010.jpg

Barnes 85gr TSX on top of 45gr of IMR4831. 200 yards and through both shoulders and just under the hide on the far side. Rifle doesn't like the partitions, shoots the barnes under an inch. I think I will stick with them.

DSCF4254.jpg

DSCF0001.jpg

Last edited:
Back