sierra blitzking ?

idahowildlander

Anyone shoot the sierra blitzking? I hear a lot about v-maxes and noslers but the blitzking isn't really ever mentions just wondering if they were a good bullet and how they preformed?

Last edited:
I have shot the 32 and 39 grain blitzkings in 204 and the 40 grain blitzkings in a 221 fireball. They seemed to be accurate, the 39s are a real good bullet in the 204 I think the 32s might be a little fragile. I have since went to the 32 grain Nosler because it is a boat-tail and the Sierra is not. The 40 grain 224 seems accurate enough but it is a flat base also. I like the boat-tails because they are better in the wind which we have some of.

Last edited:
I used to use the 40gr in my 223 Cooper and loved them very accurate bullet with 26.5gr Benchmark was small entrance never exit at close and far ranges. I now use the 40gr in my 220 swift as well as the 55gr and am very happy with the results in that gun as well. Try em I am sure you will be happy. I like them better than the Nosler BT but that is just my pref.

I've tried the V-Max, Nosler BT, and Blitzking in several different coyote/varmint rifles, and from my experience I really haven't noticed any major difference in performance. I started out using the Noslers, but I currently use the 50gr Blitzking in my Savage 10 Predator .223 Rem. just because a friend of mine that used to work for Sierra gave me a bunch. I love them. They have a semi-boattail and seem to be extremely accurate and efficient. The BT and Blitz both shot sub-MOA and shot to the same point of aim out to 300yds from my Savage.

I have used them and found them to be very accurate in all the guns and cal that I have shot them in but I now shoot v-max as they are cheaper and the do not ricochet as much or at all!

they seem to be a bit more accurate out of my.22 calibers but are higher prices and are harder to find so i use b.t's

I like them so far, as stated the are very accurate out of my Rifle. So far I have had mixed results with them and feel they are on par with other Bullets I have shot in different calibers. With the 55 Gr Blitzking so far I have blown big holes to through and throughs to having one Coyote that I shot in the shoulder about 30 yards away run off. When I hit that Coyote Fur was flying everywhere and I thought I didn't need a follow up until it was to late. I have seen the same thing with cheaper Bullets also.

The reason why I like them. I am more into accuracy and I think they are the best Bullet for what I want and do.

In the original post there was no mention of caliber, use, etc. So I'll take off on my own.

IMHO, there is no equal to the 39gr. BK either in the 204R or 20TAC. I have also found there is no equal to the 55gr. BK in my 220 Swift.

They are accurate and dependable in the field.

They may be a tad more expensive. However, even though I live in PD country, when one figures the total cost of a trip, $2-$3 per hundred for bullets is insignificant.

As my wife always says, it's like spending thousands of dollars on a once in a lifetime vacation and fussing about an extra 10 cents for the price of a post card to send home.

I've had very good results with the 39gr SBKs in my .204 and the 50gr SBKs in two of my .223s...For my purposes, they are heads above any others in the accuracy department...

But then, I load for accuracy rather than high speed...

SBK's may be a little higher in price but are more match grade quality. If you doubt this weigh some of both on an electronic scale. The people at Sierra are very strict in their quality. Not saying VMax's are bad as I have shot some in the past.

Last edited:
I have checked many plastic tipped 6mm bullets on our Vern Juenke ICC. The SBK's are by far the most consistent. On the other hand, most conventional bullets from the better makers are even more consistent.
John

The most accurate load in my 223AI is the Sierra 40 grain Blitz bullet. I went with the 40 grainers because of Steve Timm's use of them for Coyote hunting. Don't know what bullet he uses, but I tested every one made, and one that isn't made any longer, and the Sierra Blitz shot best of all. Your rifle may shoot another bullet better, but it was Blitz all the way for my rifle. 27.5 grains of H-335 and Fed 205M's.

I molied some 50 gr VMax and some 50 gr SBK. Somehow mixed them together and they shot to the same place. I know they are not made by the same company, but it sure made me wonder if the only difference is the color of the plastic tip.

I like the blitzking & the green tip. I usually load the 50 grainers for dogtown & would use a less frangible bullet for coyotes. The Sierra guy(tech line) even said he would not suggest them for coyote hunting.

I'm shooting 32 and 39 gr BK's in my .204's.....great accuracy (for prairie dogs). At first, they didn't want to shoot the v-max bullets, either factory, or my reloads. But after MANY rounds, both guns now have developed a taste for v-max. I'm going to experiment more before my next trip, or maybe shoot both.

I buy mostly V-Max myself..they shoot well in my rifles so I felt no great need to change, I heard such great things about the 39gr BKs in a 204 and had to buy a box to try for myself(havent had a chance yet) I also have some 223s loaded with 40gr BKs and havent seen a radical difference in accuracy or performance, I also take price into consideration, in the end I know it doesnt add up to much..but why pay 3 or 4 dollars more when the V-Maxs are performing.

Blitz Kings shoot more consistently for me in both my Cooper and my RR/PP. I'm sure hoping they put a 60 or 62 grain BK on the market just for us coyote stalkers!

I liked the 39gr bk in a 204. Thats the only ones I ever used. I usually use the vmax just because you can get them cheaper and they shoot just fine.

Back