Coon calling

I actually tried it the other night at my friends house down in the river bottoms. To bad its in city limits because we got one to come in. I used minaska coon party and kit distress. I read a post in the stories section and there is some good info in there.

Dave,

Calling Raccoons is not only doable, it is very exciting!

A few tips to get you started:
1) Set up to the back side of the hole (on the den tree) you are calling....this makes the raccoon much more apt to come out of his hole instead of poke his head out and look at you.
2) Play the Raccoon Fight or Raccoon Distress...either will offer success
3) Be quiet, they aren't always asleep in their hole and if you make too much noise, they will be looking at you before you ever get sat down.
4) Have some fun, it is a heck of a time.

We are in production of a Raccoon hunting DVD that should be out in 1Q of next year. Keep on the lookout...here is a preview of some of our success.

Feel the Rush,

Richie
TBR Outdoors

ha. it's funny i looked here... i just found your guys' video on there.. i'm MrRedtick.. i'm looking forward to that video!

Originally Posted By: TBR_Outdoors
We are in production of a Raccoon hunting DVD that should be out in 1Q of next year. Keep on the lookout...here is a preview of some of our success.

Richie
TBR Outdoors

Did this ever make it out?

Originally Posted By: YetiHunterYa i see it listed in the bonus footage there....
Thought they were going to make a full on coon calling dvd

I guess not, atleast that's the way it looks.

Chupa

I know the man and his son personally , they are great guys and hunters and trappers. I have his videos and they are top notch for this type of coon hunting. Lots of action shots and info on how to do it right and wrong. These are the techniques we use in our coon calling. Jim

Coon fight , coon babies 1 coon babies 2, are some that work great , aside note coon attack the caller , so may wish to set it up in a low bush , not on ones self, and be ready, coon will be cautious till commited , so be camo'd /still , good luck ,very addictive

Have had coyotes show up to coon calling but not much luck after a howl (vocal) from call ,this seems to put everything at a differant mindset being lower on the food chain

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ChrisMRCoon fight , coon babies 1 coon babies 2, are some that work great , aside note coon attack the caller , so may wish to set it up in a low bush , not on ones self, and be ready, coon will be cautious till commited , so be camo'd /still , good luck ,very addictive

Have had coyotes show up to coon calling but not much luck after a howl (vocal) from call ,this seems to put everything at a differant mindset being lower on the food chain

IMO, you've done something wrong if a coon gets to your caller. It's neat to see them jump on the caller, but too many of the ones that get to the ground get away. A shotgun would help, but I like to sell the pelts. Shoot them in the tree.

Back