Who Hunts By Powerful LED Flashligh

Happy_Hunter

Hi,
I posted a question about what flashlights hunters use and got limit returns. That says tome that guys in US don't use flashlights much.

Now the question is Who Hunts With Flashlights.

I mean burn a hole in the atmosphere, 250 lumen, focusable, 4 1/2" x 1", gun mountable flashlights.

Thanks

I do...works really well...they seem to not be as spooked as by some of the powerful spotlights. I like that the LED's are a lot lighter and last longer then other spotlights or flashlights for that matter. I use a 5 watt LED light.

Originally Posted By: xtrempredhntrI do...works really well...they seem to not be as spooked as by some of the powerful spotlights. I like that the LED's are a lot lighter and last longer then other spotlights or flashlights for that matter. I use a 5 watt LED light.

What LED are you using?

I have a Dorcey...There is a rechageable and one that runs on C batteries...I have the rechargeable and my cousin ahs the one that runs on C's...both are very good and bright.

Originally Posted By: xtrempredhntrI have a Dorcey...There is a rechageable and one that runs on C batteries...I have the rechargeable and my cousin ahs the one that runs on C's...both are very good and bright.

Is that the 130 lumen model. I'm talking 250 lumen to see 200 yards. If you guys had 'em you'd be hunting with them. Doesn't sound like they are over there yet.

We have plenty of 200+ lumen offerings available. I have a couple of Fenix lights that put out about 225 lumens that I normally use when trying to chase something down. I just purchased a light that claims 900 lumens. It is more of a flood beam than a long distance spot. Even with the added brightness it doesn't throw any further than the Fenix lights I have but the entire spill is incredibly bright. Shining it down the street I noticed it lit up every single reflector from the cars on the street. Right then I knew it was going to be great for picking up eyes.

I have only had the 900 lumen light out once so far. We were calling from the truck using a corded 1M CP light that has had the lense painted red. We gave up on the stand so I relieved myself on a bush before moving on. After I finished I decided to pan the area with my flashlight just in case and sure enough something was staring at me. Just at the edge of visibility was a fox staring at me. The light did an excellent job of lighting up its eyes. My shooting partner couldn't see him though so I moved into the back of the truck with the spotlight. This allowed him to spot him and get a shot off. I it a few seconds later but the reaction of the fox said hit to me. When he went to retrieve it he couldn't find it or any sign of it. I had both my flashlight and spotlight panning the area the entire time looking for eyes and I never caught sight of him again so unless he ran straight back out of range he was dead there somewhere.

I have the 220 lumen handheld flashlight, and my cousin has the 120 lumen 4-c battery spotlight. Both are plenty bright to use for night hunting.

Hey thats close. 450 lumens is going to be reasonably good but it doesn't look like it is focusable. That means it is set at either flood or spot. looks like spot to me. A focusable apsherical lens will beat it for both then. But its bright.

Originally Posted By: Happy_HunterHey thats close. 450 lumens is going to be reasonably good but it doesn't look like it is focusable. That means it is set at either flood or spot. looks like spot to me. A focusable apsherical lens will beat it for both then. But its bright.

What are you using and where can we order them.
smile.gif

Machias,

You may want to check out LED Lenser flashlights. I just ordered a Led Lenser T7. Max output is 200 lumens. Google Battery Junction and when you get to their site you can search flashlights by brand. They have a variety of offerings. Also, Home Depot carries the LED Lenser V2, which is 95 lumens, for about 40 bucks. I plan on getting one of those also. Will be making a predator hunting trip to Texas the week between Thanksgiving and Christmas and will post a report as to how effective they are when I get back.

Fitz

P.S. We use an UltraStinger now which is 295 lumens I think, and more than adequate. But these new LED lights are smaller, run on triple A or double A batteries, and are significantly less expensive than light like the Ultrastinger.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried this Primos LED Scope light? Claims two brightness 135 Lumen-220 Lumen,internal rechargeable batt.W/Red cover cap.....Cabelas has them.....Jeff
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Wallbass45Has anyone tried this Primos LED Scope light? Claims two brightness 135 Lumen-220 Lumen,internal rechargeable batt.W/Red cover cap.....Cabelas has them.....Jeff
smile.gif

I hadn't heard off them. I'll have to go over and check them out.

Also check out the lights on deal extreme they are a lot cheaper and really nice you can also buy gun mounts one the site if you want them.
Originally Posted By: BoomyOriginally Posted By: Wallbass45Has anyone tried this Primos LED Scope light? Claims two brightness 135 Lumen-220 Lumen,internal rechargeable batt.W/Red cover cap.....Cabelas has them.....Jeff
smile.gif

I hadn't heard off them. I'll have to go over and check them out.

Back