1 of my prettiest calls (another w/pics added)

TNYotehntr

Well uplandwest8 bought one of my calls here a little while back and sent me a pm. He liked my antler toneboards and asked if I could do one with warthog tusk ivory. I let him know I've never used Ivory...funny thing though I've been on a waiting list for about a year on some hippo ivory for beads...I'd sent an e-mail that very morning to make sure I was still on the list. I told Bob about this and he sent me a pm... "I have some...willing to do a trade?"
thud.gif
Good gracious yes!!! I've gotten to know him a little better through this, heck of a great guy, I can't say enough good about him. Well I'm trying not to get out done by his generosity, and he's making that very rough on me. This is his 2nd call, It is an Amboyna barrel, with a Hippo Ivory bead. It is followed with a Warthog Ivory tusk o-ring fitted toneboard...whew that was a mouthful! Both pieces are carrying my CA finish inside and out, buffed and polished to a high gloss. I've signed my calls inside the barrel (Yotehntr) for a long time. This is the 2nd I've signed with my real John Hancock, under the finish of course. Well enough blabbering here it is:
12-5-9-011.jpg

12-5-9-013.jpg

12-5-9-015.jpg
12-5-9.gif

Last edited:
OH YEAAAAAH
and all this time i've been callin ya brad.lol
"flashback" i think i was in love with john hancocks sister julie.[mabe great great great great grand daughter]
i'd have married that girl ifin we'da been older.
boy what i'd give to be 17 again
thanks for the flashback brad

Thanks guys! Well here's another one! It's Thuya with an Ivory (Hippo) bead and an Ivory (warthog) toneboard... heck I don't know which one I like better!
Here it is!
12-6-9-012.jpg

12-6-9-014.jpg

12-6-9.gif

i think the two you made for me are my favorites.
but i might be bias.
those are beautiful too
i like your new toneboard on my new one and that stabilized antler is nice.

Awesome looking calls Brad. Enjoyed seeing what you had going on in the workshop the other day. Love the sound from the Black Gum call I got from you...THANKS. Love your work!

Back