Millet DMS

I have one on a AR15 in 6.8 SPC. The scope is a good scope.
I do not have any problems with the power settings. I like the lighted reticle. Just remember that it has a donut reticle, not the regular crosshairs. Because it only has a 4 power scope, I will not shoot an animal over 200 yds. If you are familuar with 4 power scopes, longer shots will not be a problem.

I originally set my 6.8 to do night hog hunts in Tx. That hunt fell through. Louisiana legislature dissappointed me when the dennied the Wildlife and Fisheries reccommendation for night Hog hunting.

If I was to do it again for hunting, I would put a Nikon Buckmaster 4-12x40 on my rifle.

Thanks for your imput. In Ohio most of my shots would be 75 yards or less, an occasional opportunity for a 200 yard shot can come when hunting the southern clear-cuts.

I like the donut-dot for close in deer on the move. I have a Sightron reddot that has that redicle and I used it ALOT when shooting 3 gun matches.

I have been running one on my AR for a while now. Prior to that it had a test run on my Rem 788 in 44 Mag. Worked well there, but looked a little big for the gun.

It is a great scope as far as optics and durability.

The donut dot reticle works well. If you practice a little and learn the measurements in the book it will work great for you.

The center dot is a 1 MOA dot. That gives me the confidence and ability to shoot at things far away. Inside 200 yards it will work great as it is still a precise aiming point.

B

Then you should have no problem with the DMS-1.
As I stated, it is a good scope. I have not had any problems with it. It just does not suit my need on my 6.8 SPC. I am buying a 9mm ar15. I am putting it on that gun. There it will be better suited for my purposes.

I have a DMS in a LaRue mount that has kind of made the rounds on my ARs. It currently resides on my new 6.8. Pretty decent little scope for the money.

I just mounted mine on the OLY last night. I really think this scope is just the thing I was looking for.

I really dont like scopes, have a thing where I like to have both eyes open and be able to see my peripherals, I just hate high mag scopes for that reason, Unless I quess if Im just plinking and sighting in, but rarely.

Most of my shots are at running game, mostly deer drives, so high power isnt the best.

this one allows me to have both my eyes open all but the 4 power setting, I can still do it, but its just a bit off.

I used to only use open sites, then red dots but dont really like the small lens to look through, bought a bunch of 3-9x, mostly a budget thing, but rarely took them off of 3x.

This is the best of both worlds, plus if the dot goes out, you still have cross hairs. win win in my book, but we will see.

good luck

Dave

Thanks for all the input. Our shotgun season ended today and I shot 3 does on opening day. One was around 100 yards, 2 were 20 yards and running through brush. I have a 2-7x33 Lupy on my 11-87 and only took it off 2x for the 100 yard shot since it was through thick timber bottom.

Sounds like the DMS will do what I want.

Back