1-4 Scope on AR

IAhunter08

OK I am considering putting one of these on one of the builds I am currently working on and just want some input from those of you running these. How do you like them and what ranges do you stretch them out to? I was kind of thinking about the burris xtr 1-4 or maybe the trijicon. Thanks for the input in advance.

I'm running a Bushnell 1.25x4 on my 6.5 Grendel and I like it. For coyote sized critters its great for fast movers in close and at 4x its plenty out to 200 yards+ but I don't get those long of shots very often.

I'm sure liking the xtr 1 4......

IMG_1942.jpg

And it has a nice illuminated retical. The hash marks are real close to 500.......

IMG_1954.jpg

im using a schmidt and bender 1.1-5 and it is perfect. i was using a 3x9 and it has been relegated to the DPMS as a target gun. i think that all you need is a 4-5 power, at least in my area. the FOV is what i love. now if you are in rolling praires, fields etc then you may want more power but for me the low power is the best.

I had a 1 X 4 Vari X11 on a 50 BeoWolf and liked it. It allowed me to shoot with both eyes open on 1 power (very quick) much quicker than open sights and I would have been comfortable going 250 yards on a Moose size animal.

I have the Leupold as well, crystal clear. Its light and compact. Plus my shots are seldom past 50 yds, i hunt the swamps and thickets of SE NY

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: IAhunter08Problem ? As in you see it or is it completely in the way? Can you use any of it or will i have to change to diff gas block

I have a bushnell 4200 1.25-4 on one of mine mounted in a Larue mount (QD LT-104, 30mm rings). Here are a few pics out the back window pointing at a B-mobile turkey decoy.

1 Power:
DSCF1896.jpg

4 Power:
DSCF1897.jpg

I use a low powered variable at work and as a calling rifle optic and am very satisfied with the practical versatility of them. I use a 1.5x5 Leupold illuminated in a Larue mount.

SanitizedM4andM203.jpg

I use a Millet DMS 1-4. What I see of the gun on the low settings does not cause a problem. If you focus on the target the other stuff becomes background.

B

I have the Millet DMS-1 on my 6.8. I set it up for a night hog hunt in Texas that never happened. Louisiana was looking at allowing night hog hunting, typical governmental officials stopped that idea. I will be swapping my Millet for a higher powered scope after this hunting season, Nikon Buckmaster scope. The Millet is a VERY well built scope, but it does not fit my needs on a high powered rifle. I am going top put the Millet on a pistol caliber upper. It will suit my needs better on that upper.

So for me, a low powered scope does not fill the needs of the demand.

BBsteel, how far away is that decoy? It looks like that Bushnell has a nice, small dot in the reticle. Any idea how much it covers at 100 yds on 1 power and 4 power?

Back