Shooting sticks poll.

I feel like a broken record but I'll say it again...Stoney Point Rapid Pivot Bipod. All the advantages of the bipod and sticks combined. Mine are also the sitting kneeling heigth. I carry a prone bipod in my pack that attaches to the same mount.

I used to use a set of Stoney Point sticks, but after about 9 years the turn adjustments were wearing out. I bought the Bog Pods this fall and really like the cam type adjustment lock, much easier & faster to adjust than the Stoney Points.

Thanks to someone on another post who mentioned using saguaro ribs. I made a pair using a couple ribs, a carriage bold, washers and wingnut. Screwed in a couple sheetrock screws on the bottom of the legs and ground them to a point. Got to admit it worked perfect, light, was comfortable to use, easily to adjust and the saguro ribs look like the rest of the brush around my parts. For nearly free from stuff I had laying around and 15 minutes work they do the job. No they don't have cams and pivots and locks and such, but I can sure buy a lot of beer on what I didn't spend on um'
wink.gif

I made my own after Varmint Al's style, but modified. I start with 48" poplar 1" square sticks, cut the to 40" and round off the corners. I use an eye bolt so I can tighten them down in any position I choose (straight up for a walking staff or whatever). I wrap the tops with electrical tape to protect my rifle stocks and add some cusion. And I stick big fat nails into the bottoms of the sticks so they don't slip on hard ground.

Total cost is under $10. Paint if you wish. The last pair I made lasted 5+ years of hard use, I just built a new pair for fun.

bdb56a57.jpg

Back