Tactical Night Vision

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#3167671 - 10/18/18 09:06 PM Re: Anyone have any success calling back coyotes that spotted you? [Re: Anonymous]
g Bo Online
Die Hard Member

Loc: Utah
I’ve had some success driving by a coyote and going over a hill and walking back abit . Then had it come in. In a case like that it may matter on how much traffic they may be used to traveling on the road you are by.

#3167950 - 10/20/18 09:36 PM Re: Anyone have any success calling back coyotes that spotted you? [Re: Anonymous]
2Rope Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: NW. New Mexico
I called two in this morning that saw me from about 600 yds away... got one & missed the other. I agree that wind/smell has a lot to do with it. I also went below a hill and called from a direction different from where they saw me. Never give up!

#3167970 - 10/20/18 11:23 PM Re: Anyone have any success calling back coyotes that spotted you? [Re: Anonymous]
mcseal2 Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: KS
Old thread but good one

I come back later that day or another day if alone.

If I'm with a friend sometimes one guy can get out quick and hide and the other can drive off. After 10 minutes or so the guy that stayed can sometimes call the bumped coyote in. Coyotes learn what vehicle noise means, they react to it but calm down quick when it's gone. They learn what a stopped vehicle means too, a gun coming out the window, so get everything ready and have vehicle stop as short a time as possible when using this trick. The longer the vehicle is stopped the more nervous the coyote is.

Edited by mcseal2 (10/20/18 11:24 PM)

#3168341 - 10/23/18 03:49 PM Re: Anyone have any success calling back coyotes that spotted you? [Re: Anonymous]
tawnoper Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: West coast
I assume "calling back" means one that's heading in the opposite direction (from being missed, a double or was bumped on the way in)...so rarely. If so I don't remember. More times than not it's another one responding to the call, not the one scared off.

#3168345 - 10/23/18 04:35 PM Re: Anyone have any success calling back coyotes that spotted you? [Re: tawnoper]
tripod3 Online
PM senior

Loc: WA
Just seems odd answering such an old thread but I have called a few back, even a few that I had already shot at. Must have been real hungry.

#3168532 - 10/24/18 08:49 PM Re: Anyone have any success calling back coyotes that spotted you? [Re: Anonymous]
UncleZeb Offline

Loc: Idaho
For me it's been hit or miss,I usually keep driving if I see them and try to circle back on them expecting them to be watching the road. If I'm spotted on foot I'll come back another day as that seems to spook them worse then a pickup on a trail.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  220_Swift, Infidel 762, Redfrog 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.