some help please

hoyttec2011

i am wanting to start coyote hunting as a way to fill some time in between deer and turkey seasons. i have never been out seriously b4 although i have shot one or two coyotes while deer hunting but mostly just by luck(they walked right into my stand). i live in pa so there isn't much open farmland to hunt around me. i lease 800 acres of mountain ground where i know some coyotes hang out and i have a couple farms here and there with some woodlands and small fields that i can hunt. the fields are mostly hay fields at most 300 yards long by 100 wide not very big. i was wondering what i would need for some basic equipment and what are some good techniques that any of you have to hunt these types of areas. Thanks for the input, Jordan

Jordan glad to have you here at Predator Masters friend...The best sound advice I can give you is to start reading everything you can here and then some more...Take what you have read here and then get into the woods and try it out...Your getting out and doing some calling is going to be your best teacher...Find someone that predator hunts in your area and go with them...As for basic equipment, you already said that you deer hunt and turkey hunt so I would say that you already have everything you need to start with...You probably have camo, deer rifle and a shotgun, so really all you need is a couple of hand calls and you can find those in our Custom Calls Forum... Good luck Jordan....

Chad

Filling in time is just how it starts. When you find out how much fun it is you'll be hooked. Watch some videos. When you go out Check wind direction and try hard to avoid being seen. Most of the time if you get busted by a coyote it will be before you even start calling or because they were able to get downwind without being shot. Good luck!

Really try to keep scent down. These things will smell you faster than when deer hunting. If you go with someone be quiet dont slam truck door. They will most of the time try to get down wind. Like Chad said you have most of what you need. A few hand calls or a cheap ecaller will get you started. Most of all have fun. After you get your first running in you will be hooked.

Back