6 YOTES DOWN NM STYLE!!!!!!!

Well guys we couldn't help it we had a few days off for thanksgiving and had to put them to good use. We loaded up the truck on Thur and headed to New Mexico after 8 hours and a few diesel stops we had our fist stand early Fri morning.We called one coyote in but couldn't get a shot. We had a few dry stands and then lady luck showed up on the 4th stand we put my wife out front on the shot gun and after 3 min or so we had a hard charger she put her down like a bad habit. I told Tj my hunting partner that she was pretty good with the shot gun before we got to that stand and I'm sure now that he has no problems letting a girl in the truck to do a little hunting.We hunted pretty hard that day and made close to 15 stands Tj shot 1 big male that day and I shot a hard charging male that was truly beautiful coming in he had the sun at his face and Tj called him in with a pup in distress and man did he come it took him about 30 sec it seems like to clear 800 yards or so he was running like his tail was on fire lol....... after we got him stopped I finished the job with my 22-250 and the rest is history. On sat Tj killed a female coyote at 320 yards on the first stand it was a great shot on a educated coyote that acted like it had been called in before. We made several other stands that day and called in several coyotes I managed to connect on 2 more that day and when it was all said and done we called 10 and shot 6 not too bad for a 2 day hunt. The coyotes were a blast to hunt on this trip they came hard charging most of the time. It was my wife's B-day on Fri and she got her birth day coyote to boot lol..... as you can see in the pics she was pretty excited and it was worth the whole trip just to see her kill some coyotes with the shot gun. I just thought I would share my story with you guys hope you enjoyed it I know for a fact the we all did Tj and me had a blast hunting together and this is just the first of many for us this year. Thanks for your time Skinner

NMHUNT20099.jpg

NMHUNT20097.jpg

NMHUNT20093.jpg

b6392cf8.jpg

NMHUNT20092.jpg

Last edited:
>> Valley Mills TX

Excuse me, but I believe you are Texans? That explains your success. The coyote were rushing in for what they figured to be an easy meal (that would be "you"), but you've obviously learned some sharpshooting techniques from your Western neighbors and you put the surprise on them! In any case, you did not do it "NM Style". No... "NM Style" would have required MANY more stands per dog. We..umm... we...like challenges, yeah, that's it... we don't like for things to be too easy, therefore any real NM Hunter would've called at least 3x as many stands. And we would have...um... "let go" at least half of those to provide seed stock for next year. Yup.

Congratulations anyway.

smile.gif

Well I guess ya'll have killed all the coyotes in Texas so you had to go to NM and now that you have thinned'em out there next stop Az.
wink.gif

Thanks for all the comments guys we did have allot of fun and well lets just say we did it Tex-Mex style then lol........... Venatic we live way to close to each other not to make a few stands hear and their we should get together some time. Thanks again guys Skinner

Originally Posted By: venaticWell I guess ya'll have killed all the coyotes in Texas so you had to go to NM and now that you have thinned'em out there next stop Az.
wink.gif

Sorry, we're fresh out.
wink.gif

Hey! That looks like my neck of the woods in SE NM, you guys need to go another 8 hrs west lol and leave some for us home grown boys. Nice hunt fellas!

Singlecoil those coyotes in Carlsbad have had every thing but the kitchen sink thrown at them. Its a great place to hunt if you want to hear educated dogs bark at you all day lol........ I was born their and back in the day it was a hot spot their are still alot of dogs but if a World Champ
and Custom call builder slash sniper and a wife that shoots a shotgun like she is part of a S.W.A.T team cant get it done good luck lol........ VENATIC you should send me a pm with your # I go into Waco at least 3 times a week. Thanks for the comments guys we will have more pics to come after all we are just getting started. God Bless Skinner

Skinnerworldchamp, you"re right about that, jut a quick story though. 2 weeks ago, my brother in law and I were quail hunting and saw 11 yotes while looking for quail and we never called once lol and never got more than 10 miles from town.

Back