Pics of CMMG Bargain Bin AR's?

Flatlander.54

Hey guys, anyone have pics of what these bargin bin AR's look like when they recieve them? Im planning on geting one when tax time comes if they have any available, and was just curious as to what cosmetic defects/uglies to expect. Thanks for any help.

John & Jeff (CMMG owners) attempt to put out extremely perfect rifles and whether due to shipping or shop incidents, they may have an occasional part the come to the final line with a small scratch, ding, or discoloration and those parts go into a separate bin...

At the end of an undetermined period, they start assembling rifles, using those parts, and price them accordingly... I know both of them and how particular they are about their reputation, and what they see as an imperfection, you may not notice...

IMHO, there is no significant difference between the "Bargain Bin" rifles and what they put out in their regular line, other than appearance or mis-matched parts...They all shoot and after bouncing around in a truck or car trunk, in two months you won't be able to tell the difference...Just my $0.02 worth...

You just don't have the option of specifying various upgrades you may desire...

Mine was flawless when I got it. Brand new DPMS lower, mil-spec all around. I added the free-float tube, and cut off the front sight.

barrym4.jpg

Of course I painted it after I got it...
cool.gif

ARfinish.jpg

Barry

Take a look at

http://cmmginc.secure-mall.com/shop/?cart=2035446&cat=161&

I recently bought a Bargain Bin M4 16"..DoubleStar lower..shoots great.You'd be hard-pressed see that it looks any different ding-wise than the 3 ARS I bought brand new and have been hunting and shooting for years.

I don't sweat small imperfections but FACTORY RUST on a new, first Model 629 in a St. Louis store did, LOL.

I hate it when people talk about these. I keep thinking I want to get a shorter than 20" 5.56 AR, and there is an 18 and a 16" staring at me.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DustI hate it when people talk about these. I keep thinking I want to get a shorter than 20" 5.56 AR, and there is an 18 and a 16" staring at me.

Don't do it, your ears will thank you
laugh.gif
My 20" is so much better on the ears than my 16" it's almost unbelievable. I like the weight and balance of 14.5 and 16" barrels but they bark a little too much when I'm hunting
cry.gif

You think 16 inches is bad I use a 11.5 in at work, let me tell you those are loud. When you shoot them inside a room you can fel the pressure change.

Last edited:
If you plan on using the rifle, I say go for it. If you actually use it a factory new rifle will be worse than these rifles in a couple times out from what these fellas describe. For 600 bucks, if it shoots decent you got a heck of a deal. If it's not quite up to where you want it, you can free float the thing for about $115 dollars, doing it yourself, price of tools included (assuming you have a vise). Spend saved money on optics, optic mount, and ammo, and get out there.

I am sorry to say but I jumped. I sold all my AR stuff to include all guns because it was constant messing with them, buying this buying that. Heck I already have plans for upgrades and I don't even have the gun yet. I just could not help myself at that price and the 18 inch light contour barrel should make a great coyote rig. I called them today, they were not sure they still had any available because they were still processing orders. They suggested just ordering and they would contact me if they were out.

I am hoping they will be out.

Just started another savings for one to add with my Bushmaster Predator....

Told a buddy from Wyo about them and his wife hit me...lol They will be back in town friday night and we'll see what she says then...

Darn it they had them in stock it is suppose to ship out later this week. After I get it I will do a complete review for everyone. This is not good news for me or my wallet.

Yeah blaster, I thought I bought the last of your AR stuff!! The Cavalry Arms lower should have the trigger installed here in a week or so! My buddy just got home from Afghanistan, so he can help me with it, now.
cool.gif

I guess you thought you were cured of the "disease", but you must be having a relapse!!
grin.gif

kevlars

Kevlars I cleaned the house out and sent all my stuff to you. They are just plain fun to tinker with. I am a factory certified armorer so that just makes it worse. I can't build one from parts for that price the light weight 18 inch barrel is what got me. I am hoping it shoots well. Maybe I will sell it if it gets to bad.

Back