Whats a good site in distance (zero) for a .22-.250??

Start out at 100, set your groups to around 1 1/2" high at this distance. Then test out at 200 yrds, then maybe increase your height another 1/2" if need be.

I rarely shoot over 225 myself, so I have mine zeroed at 1-1/4 high @ 100. I am using the same bullet you are also.

If yer looking for called Coyotes. Id say 100... if they are coyotes of opourtunity.. then anything you wish. I try to call em at least within 100 yds.. Good luck.

Good advice from Coyote Control

I've got mine sighted in at about 2" high at 200 yds. I use a dot reticle and I tend to put the dot under the intended point of impact. I think this gives me about a 275 to 300 yd zero.

I'm kicking myself because I went to check this very thing today at the range and wouldn't you know I left my paper targets at home and only had clay pigeons with me. 3" to 3.5" targets at 200 yds with a 22-250 is too easy a target but at least I dusted the 7 pigeons.

The V-max bullets work well for me too, as do the SPSXs, and I've shot a ton of Sierra's over the years.

Try entering your information on this link for an accurate customized trajectory table. You need the caliber in inches, muzzel volocity, balistic coefficiant, bullet weight. Use 25 yard incriments, a 200 yard zero (to start) 600 yard max range, most other info use defalt setting , or read the description. I'm used to their "Simplified version" be I can't seem to get that link up on my computer right now.
http://www.jbmballistics.com/cgi-bin/jbmtraj-5.0.cgi
I use a 1" high at 100 yards which is zeroed at 200Yards
55 grain NBT at 3550 FPS good luck Alec

100 1.5"
150 1.4"
200 Zero
250 -2.8
300 -7.1

This is based of a Remington Accutip 55 gr with a MV of 3250. 24" barrel

Should be pretty close.

Originally Posted By: venaticOriginally Posted By: 2muchgunI just sight in @ 200yds.......
+1

+2. Sighting in further can cause some missed shots at 150-175 yards. Ask me how I know. No real advantage to sighting in at 100 IMO.

Originally Posted By: quarterbored9 out of 10 coyotes I see missed... are shot over. For this very reason, I never sight anything in over 1" high at 100.

Ditto what quarterbored wrote.

I have found that knowing where it hits at 50 yards is very useful. Normally if you are dead on at 50 you will be between 3/4 to 1 inch high at 100 and very close to dead on at 200. This is what I prefer because there is not that much variance out to 200 yards.

Originally Posted By: UrimaginaryfrndSight it dead on at the distance you are most likely to shoot then check to see where it hits at evey distance from 50 to 300.

This is the best advice I've seen. Take heed!

Back