Ghille suits

pitman6302

I am thinking of getting one.Do ghilles make a real big difference when hunting coyotes? Are they worth the money? Do they realy work?

Yep they work great, just get a jacket. It will cut down on weight and won't be binding up as you try to sit down. I bought full lenght and cut half of it off.

Yes they work. I didn't buy mine I made it myself right now the dye is drying. I will try to take a pic for you tomorrow. Oh and like said before all you need is a jacket and veil pants just hang up on brush and are a pain.

There are some inexpensive ones out there. Some are lined and others are not. My brother and I both bought one from Cheaper than Dirt. His is lined and mine is not. Go for the lined ones, much more comfortable. Leave the pants at home if you plan to sit on the ground.

Ive found that you still need to be still. I tried to move on one up close, 40 yards, and it spooked. I got its partner but it manage to escape. I hunt some well educated yotes, but don't most of us anymore.

Here are some pic's of the one I made.

Here I am sitting up with my arms crossed I am wearing blue jeans but the suit covers them.
HPIM0839.jpg

and black and white.
HPIM0839-1.jpg

And here is one of my 7 year old son.
HPIM0837.jpg

from 40 yards
HPIM0836.jpg

Now to make your own is very time consuming I have been working on the jacket and veil off and on for a year and just got them done to my liking. Some of the store bought are really good some are cheap and look it.

Thanks to all you guys. An extra thanks to JREED for the pics. Nice looking ghille. Im going to get on the wagon and get one.

Your welcome. When you go to buy yours make sure it is a design that you can add material to it and don't get one that is dark in color lighter is better. You can always add color to a light suit but if it is dark to begin with there is nothing you can do about it.

Ghillies are a good tool to have. They can make you invisable in cover and if there aint much cover around just sit there looking like a bush.

t/c223encore.

Back