Shooting sticks poll.

I use a portable bi-pod, but I'm having second thoughts about a mono-pod that you could change your shooting direction with less movement especialy on uneven ground! (just a thought)!

I do not use a bipod. Instead I use a monopod. For me the quick adjusting in a shooting situation it works better for me.

Originally Posted By: BOBTAILSstoney point, or predator sniper styx.

+1 here

Have tried both fixed bipod and sticks and for sitting I am liking the sticks especially on uneven ground with short brush.

Predator sniper styx hands-down. I have two sets and switch up between the two quite often. One set has the new 9" extensions on them. great for a kneeling position or off a short seat. I also use the extensions on steep terrain like the deep washes and rocky hillsides down here... perfect for my kind of hunting.

Originally Posted By: joshnazI do not use a bipod. Instead I use a monopod. For me the quick adjusting in a shooting situation it works better for me.

+1 I used to use shooting sticks but I find it MUCH easier to move around with a Primos Trigger Stick.

I had home made shooting sticks and store bought. Could never get around to where the coyote was coming in.

Stoney point stix. I like my monopod just because of the convenience, but you're right, too much lateral movement if you plan on shooting any distance at all.

I use the Varmint Al's sticks and love them. Last year made 33 shots off of them and killed 32 yotes, a tribute to how well they work. When building them remember to keep the spikes on the end long sharp, especially on frozen ground. I also made mine longer because of my height (6-5) and put a velcro strip near the lower end to hold them together when used as a walking stick. Rifleman2

I was useing a cheap wally world bi-pod and hated it, but then i saw varmint al's homeade sticks and some of the guys here had some ideas so i made my own. I used 2 aluminum pre wrapped garden stakes and castration bands i bought at a farm store cost about $3.00 to make. Ive been using them for 2 seasons and it still works great. Ive made a pair for my brother and 2 of my hunting buddies. Theyre light, sturdy, and already have points at the bottom.

Originally Posted By: deerhunter1995make your own...they work pretty good. here is the link-http://varmintal.com/abifu.htm

+1
grin.gif

Last edited:
I make my own from XCountry ski poles that I purchase at Goodwill. Couple bucks a pair, add some camo tape and it still comes out to less than $5. Made a pair for each of my partners, we rarely unfold the bipods now.

I use the Harris Bipod and shooting sticks that are sold by E.L.K. products..My stands are not always the same and some coyotes will approach differently so i use both..

Back