Most Accurate 22 Mag Bolt?

Ruger has the best clip for 22 rimfires zero feeding problems. I looked at all of the 22 magnums out there the Ruger was the tuffest looking rifle next to the Cooper and the Ruger look like and are built more like centerfire rifles. I own 5 Ruger mags now and all will shoot just great very accurate. But some day I'll own a Cooper LVT or Jackson squirrel rifle the most accurate 22 Magnums ever made. ~Marco

i have a savage cant remember the model but i can put five shots in less then a quater most touching at 100yrd off bench with hornady 30grain vmax

Quote:For coyote hopefully the gun likes 40 gr. loads. From all the reading I have done it seems the cz's tend to like 30 gr loads.

Tripledeuce660,

That was the very reason I ended up with a Sako Quad to replace my tired out Anschutz. I went thru several 22mag. models and the Sako was the only one that would keep Win. 40gr.hp.'s under and inch at 100yds. .75" to .50" is its everyday average. It does that with other 40gr. rounds, but the Win. is all I use. Somewhere I've got a target that I shot messing around with 9 different brands of 22mag. Of all of the other brands of lighter weight bullets, twice it shot a 5 round group of a 1/2" using Rem. 33gr..
The Walnut stock Hunter model I have generally wears a 22lr. barrel, but originally it was a 22mag. also. Win. and PMC Predator 40gr.hp. is its favorites also.
Mace's Sporting Goods in Mebane NC was selling the Sako Quads for $450.00. I don't know if they still are or not. My 2 came from there.

What?! $450 are kidding me? Now thats a great deal! Glad to here you to like the Win Super X4 0gr. HP its the Noslar Partition of rimfire magnums. ~Marco

Originally Posted By: marcoWhat?! $450 are kidding me? Now thats a great deal! Glad to here you to like the Win Super X4 0gr. HP its the Noslar Partition of rimfire magnums. ~Marco

That was one of the reasons I jumped on them. I agree with you 100%, the Win. Super X 40gr.hp are indeed the Nosler of Partition of the rimfire mags.

Anyone looking for a Sako Quad might want to give Mace's a call. They may still have them at a good price.

people report the sako shooting 40 gr. good it seems.

I wonder what the deal is with cz's shooting 30 gr. good?

PMC did good in my gun. You got to try the remington 40 gr. hp. My gun loves the stuff. I read lots of reports of the remington stuff really shooting good for people.

I'm not sure why the CZ's like the lighter bullets. Possibly a different twist or even a smaller bore like they do their 22lr.

The Rem. 40gr.hp's shot ok in mine, about 1 1/4" groups. Other than the Win. 40's, it shoots the PMC Predator 40gr. and the HSM 40gr. exceptionally well.

K22,

That lower rifle (wood stocked one) is a real beauty. Which one is that one?

I've never got what I consider good accuracy from a 22 magnum. I've owned three, all Marlins, and have shot a ton of different brands and bullet weights of ammo.

Currently I have a Marlin 925MC that shoots Remington 33 gr. V-Max better than anything I have ever tried.

6mm06,

I like your moniker or whatever they call it. Many years ago I had a 240 Gibbs.

The Walnut stock one is a Sako Hunter. The Dealer had received several oh them with really outstanding wood. I was lucky enough to get one of them.

I also have the Marlin 925M and it is very accurate. Really loves the CCI fodder. Scope is a Bushnell 4-12x40AO. Ammo here in SE Texas is getting easier to find.

Originally Posted By: pdhunterAfter a little twiking on the trigger the Ruger 77/22m vmbz
has done very well for me out to about 80 yards.

I did the same and it made a positive improvement.

Cooper52LVT.jpg

My Cooper shoots the green tip Remington stuff inside 1 moa at 100 yards.

Fast Ed

You just had to show that Cooper didnt you?! Oh well someday I'll have me a Cooper LVT or a Jackson squirrel. ~Marco

I own the Marlin and my friend owns a Ruger. We shot them head to head at the range one calm day. My Marlin cost $125 new and the trigger was close to 4 lbs. It made me proud throwing a 5 shot group right at 1.25" at 100yds with the CCI 40gr hollow points.

His Ruger cost him $300 (used) and had a wolf trigger spring that gave a pull weight just under 2 lbs. it managed a 5 shot group just under 1" with the Winchester Supreme ammo.

I was very impressed with both rifles accuracy, but the edge went to the Ruger that day.

I have a Ruger 77 with the walnut stock I bought used, I finally got around to shooting it an it was throwing shots everywhere 1.5 at 50yds. I tore it apart and stuff started falling out of it!! Someone didnt know or care to bed the action so the cut up credit cards and put them under the action screw along with a washer. I bedded the action and floated the barrel and first time out last week I sighted it in at 50yds and then shot a 3 shot group that measured .226 using good ole CCI maxi mags. I ran out of time before I could get a group at 100yds. I will try next weekend to get one and let you know. For all you fans of the 1/4 dimes post yes it shot dimes LOL!!!! much less than dimes !!!

Back