Bear tracks

Duane@ssu

I went hunting today, no cat tracks, but did find bear tracks in the snow. Pretty surprised!!!
I wonder if the elk hunters got him stirred up, or if he just hasn't denned up yet? I took a few pics of the tracks, they were "hard froze".I'll post them when I get a chance.
Anyone else ever see a bear out this late?

We have a fair amount of blackies around here. (Apple pies and gut piles is what's for dinner around here)

And I as well used to think that the first hint of a snow flake in the air would bring those old bruins a huntin' their winter beddy bys.

Not so.

One track I saw was in six inches of snow ....... and we'd had snow for two or three weeks by then .......

....... all just before Christmas!

While the food is still there ......... they just keep chug a luggin'!!

Three 44s

Last edited:
I talked to some guys at church today, apparently it's common for bears to be out this late in this country.Two guys I talked to saw bears this week while elk huntin.
I know these guys pretty well, and I trust them.
Just diff than what I am used to.Anywhere I ever lived before, bears were "holed up" by now.

It takes some pretty good snow to put them to bed. The wheather we have been having would be real nice for a bear to stay out in. The sows with cubs will go to bed first but the bigger and older boars will stay out as long as possible.

I got called out on a lion killing dogs and goats this week up around Denver. Anyway we was checking around this subdivision and ran down this road and came back up and this bear had crossed the road in the snow :lol: Maybe I will be back up there on a call for him eating People :lol: :lol:

bi5mz8.jpg

Back