glasses

does anybody use eye glasses with anti-reflective lenses? i was just woundering because i have those lenses in my glasses. every anti fogging treatments i have found says not to use their product on anti-reflective lenses because it seperates the covering. does it really matter hunting game if your lenses are regular or anti-reflective. also is there any other methods of keeping the fog to a minuman? when i get to where i'm going to hunt on a cold morning my body heat really fogs up my lenses.

I use shaving cream to keep my glasses fog free. Won't hurt the coatings.
Just rub the shaving cream in good, no glaze. Nice and clear.
Hope this helps.
My eye doctor turned me on to this.

i need new glasses bad. 25 days in elk camp and a summers scouting looking threw binos and spotting scopes totally scratched them

Originally Posted By: adnahoundsmanI use shaving cream to keep my glasses fog free. Won't hurt the coatings.... My eye doctor turned me on to this.
does ur eye doc own any leup,swaro or ziess optics?...i know this is about eyeglasses but someone may read this and think..."!!!...i'll try this on my NF scope"...
or am i the only one dumb enuf to think that?.....hey,it's only the internet...won't sting for long!

Last edited:
Chapped lips, are you saying not to use shaving cream on high dollar glass? jsut wondering cause I have a pair of 10X42 Swarovskis and have heard the shaving cream thing a few times but was to afraid it might mess something up. Would it not be a good idea to use it on high dollar glass?

0191...welcome to Predatormasters....i certainly will try the shaving cream advice from adnahoundsman....on my eyeglasses....i hav tried everything else...

Last edited:
i don't know...that's why i asked adnahoundsman...not gonna try it on my SLC's....my eyeglasses-yes...my optics...uh-hu,no way...if creme softens ur beard & makes ur whiskers erect,whats it gonna do to lens coatings...(oh,no....i opened the door on that one!)...there's a storm blow'n in sun nite...i'l be out mon am & post an update...

Last edited:
I don't use it on anything but my glasses.
I haven't had an issue with any of my optics fogging. Even if it didn't hurt the coating on your optics I bet it would make a mess in the eye cups...LOL.
I would stick to just water and a lens cloth, or a quality lens pen on the optics.
As for my glasses. The shaving cream does the trick. Mine don't fog up while wearing a face net now. I don't know how long it lasts. I apply it before every hunt.

well,i'll giv it shot...someone awhile back said joy dish soap works but don't want any rising tiny bubbles to give my spot away if it drizzles...
oh,ur lenses....are they plastic or sumthin else?

The lenses are inside of the scopes and optics, and the coating on them can't be reached.
Thanks for the tip on the shaving cream. I will try it.

Had the wife pick up some anti fog wipes last month and haven't used them.
Due for new glasses this week and the anti scratch stuff will be on them. I'll try shaving cream and have a fog wipe with me. It is about the most annoying thing in my hunts to have to try to see without my glasses, and the movement associated with removing them after I start my caller.

external lens surfaces are coated/treated as well.
adnahoundsman....what brand of shaving cream?...and to ask before someone else does....does it come unscented?...LOL

Last edited:
Found this on a google search.
Request: Prevent Eye Glasses and Goggles from Fogging Up (09/07/2009)
Apply a little foaming shaving cream to your glasses and then wipe it off to help prevent them from fogging up. This also works well for swimming and skiing goggles.

Back