220 swift

The .220 swift is one of the finest coyote chamberings avalible. The round is perfectly suited for the open spaces of the west.

Good hunting.

Q,

My brother has a 220 swift and he loves it. He says it's a little hard sometimes to find ammo, but if you reload, it shouldn't be a problem at all. I don't reload so I got a 22-250. The 22-250 is really close to the 220 swift and way more available.

Depends on what rifle. Rem, Ruger, Win, etc, yes. Stevens 200, no. Also condition has a bunch to do with it. A Rem 700 with a shot out barrel is about as good as a rock. Take it to a shop and look through their bore scope.

"A Rem 700 with a shot out barrel is about as good as a rock."

Depends on the context and the price you paid for one ....

My 700 BDL is no rock .......

...... I paid just 269 for it ...... in 7mm Rem Mag .... it's an early one with a factory stainless barrel.

For that money ....... just the action not to mention the wood stock was easily worth that much ......

And ..... thus far the tube is working fine.

It's all "made or lost in the deal"!!!

Three 44s

Last edited:
ive never shot a 220 swift but if thats what you want get it, somebody once told me that they burn there barrels out but id imagine if your only hunting with it you shouldnt have a problem, not sure if u deer hunt and your states limitations on calibers but I think you should look at a 243, back up deer rifle?, and its not to much for coyotes.

Back