first time did great!!!!

huntnv

I have been on this site a week in a half Reading all the posts trying to get mountain lion info. Decided to get a e- caller and try predator hunting. Set up this morning and shot 3 yotes and 1 grey fox. 2 yotes 1st stand. 2nd stand 1 fox then 30 minutes later another yote. My son had a blast he is 9 years old. He missed a few shots I missed a few shots we called in 10 yotes and one fox in 3 stands very good day this is some of the most fun we have had. Thank you all for the advice I have read over the last week. We are hooked. The orange we put on when we left the stands its deer season dont want to take any chance not every hunter is that smart!!!

hunting111.jpg
hunting115.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MTurboYou are very lucky, have a very good spot or both. CAN I HUNT WITH YOU!??
smile.gif
Congrats!
I was thinking the same thing I want to go there!

Always looking for hunting partners. I bought a primo's powerr dogg. The area was an area where I quail hunt it has alot of deer and Birds so I thought I would try it. went into a river bed about 40 yards wide with steep sides set it in the bottom set up on top in some rocks could see the whole valley I was suprised at the action we had. our three stands span over 7 miles in the same river bed. Its about 80 miles from Las Vegas

10 yotes and a fox in 3 stands!!!! Wow. The most I called in on one stand was 4. They all ran in together and left together. They most have been a family. Good job.

Nice job! Great action for the little one. Ive been seriously looking in to a e caller for awhile now. I havent had any luck with hand calls. What sounds did you use?

i'd love to have a day like that!
and i've been doing it for 35 years
i haven't had a 10 dog day in toooo long
had 6 last weekend but two were not coming to the call
then on sunday i saw zero

We were using .243's with a 90 grain ballistic tip nosler that I worked up a load for a little much I bought them because I'm taking him on exotic hunt in texas in march then we found a love for predator hunting we are going to try .22 LR this weekend he wants to mount something now. we put on jackrabbit distress guess it was like an ice cream truck to them. We will hunt sat and sun this weekend

Man... 10 coyotes and a fox in only 3 stands.
shocked.gif
If we had populations like that around here, I'd never be home!
grin.gif
Be sure to post some pics of that lion you call in!

Talk about beginner's luck....you make me sick. I hunted coyotes many years before I got a double and you do it on your first time out???? Just kidding. That is awesome. It is great that your son got to be with you too. I hope this is a great beginning to lots of fun times for you both.

Back