Most Accurate 22 Mag Bolt?

I have a CZ heavy barreled I think it is a 452 but I don't remember. It is by far the most accurate 22mag I have owned and I have been shooting the mags for over 20+yrs. I shoot the CCI +Vs and they are great for foxes cats and yotes. Give it a look. HAPPY HUNTING

I shoot a Savage 93FVSS(?). Heavy-barreled stainless. Very accurate with Federal 40 AND 50gr loads.......

100_0196.jpg

CZ 452 American. Best for the money hands down. Ilove Rugers but they will not shoot with the CZ consistently. I like the feel and the safety better on my Rugers but my CZs just shoot a little better.

i got the savage 93fv blued heavy barrel and synthetic stock really couldnt shoot a bad grouup with any of the ammo i tried seems to like cci maximags the best though the accu triggers is pretty nice to

Sako Quad. Much more accurate than my Anschutz 22mag. Easy to adjust trigger plus 15 seconds to switch barrel to another rimfire caliber.

SakoQuad-11.jpg

SakoHunter-03.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BuckstufferI have a marlin 925m it shoots very good and the price wasent bad. me to. it has a cheap a$$ 4x tabasco and shoots win. jhp into 1.5 @ 100 yards. i've shot thousands of rounds and just recently gave the bore it's first scrubbin. it's a solid gun for the $$

I'd look hard at the CZ too. You want to go over to rimfirecentral.com and read up, though, because there have been some feeding problems with the .22mags. I have a 452 in .22lr and love it.

Ruger VMBZ, but there all good. I like the looks and feel of that new Savage thumbhole stock with the stainlees heavy barrel! Picked one up at the gun shop yesterday nice nice rifle. ~Marco

Unfortunatly,, Levi's right about the 452's feeding problems..
I got one in a trade that wouldn't feed any of the HP's I tried. I tried the fixes that they have pinned over on RimfireCentral without any luck. I could swear I had that magazine apart a hundred times,,, probably more like twenty,,, but enough to totally pizz me off.
I like CZ's and really wanted that rifle to work out so I bought a new Magazine from CZ,,,, same same.. Sent it back and no difference.
I finally gave up and dumped it,but I did tell the guy I sold it to that it only liked to feed Polly Tiped bullets and he was fine with that...
To bad cause I'm positive that CZ is aware of the problem and doesn't do anything to solve it. At least not that I'm aware of...
The Quad's supposed to be super accurate (well for a 22mag) but I just can't bring myself to buy a plastic stocked hunting rig... I'm kinda looking at the Ruger 94/22M lever action for shooting out treed Coons and Cats.. Probably not as accurate as alot of choices, but it's lite-weight and very handy.. Should be fine for my needs..

Good Luck,,, and let us what you deceide..
Charlie

Savage would be my pick I have one in .22LR and one in 17HMR both left handed if they made the BTVS in left hand .22 mag I would have that one also I talked to savages custom shop and was told maybe.

I didn't realize that there were accurate .22 mags! lol, I have a marlin that I first started hunting coyotes with. I only killed 1 coyote with it, but it dropped right where it stood. The only problem that I had with it was that the rounds were sticking in the throat, the ejecter wouldn't grab the casing good enough.

my mossberg 640 ks. It outshoots my uncles annie. You can probably find a 640 series used. Might be about the most accurate 22mag ever made. Only problem with the gun is the bolt doesn't lock shut when you put the safety on.

Other then that the sako quad is what I would pick and then the cz.

For coyote hopefully the gun likes 40 gr. loads. From all the reading I have done it seems the cz's tend to like 30 gr loads.

Back