tikka lite 243

Had to bring this back. Finally shot t3 lite today. 243, 4-16 Monarch, Warne rings, Hornaday 100 gr. factory ammo. Not very good. Loosened and tightened screws, bagged different places. Could not zero the scope. If adjusted the knobs, it would move all over the paper. Might try a scope from another gun and see what I get, maybe throw the Monarch on the Ruger and see how that works. Still crying!!!!

I have a t3 lite 243. It's floated all the way back. Shoots better than any gun I've owned. It is real picky though. Tried 5 or six types of factory ammo. Win ballistic silvertips 95 grain will shoot half Inch groups or Better. I tried 100 gr hornady sst's and they shot pretty bad.

Today I lapped the rings. put it back together and shot it with a factory box of Federal Premiums with 85 gr. Serria BTHP. Different gun, shot tight and right where I wanted it to. Time to shot some deer.

One thing I did with my T3 Lite (a 270 Win) is the barrel break in procedure, one shot - then clean, 2nd shot - then clean, 3rd shot - then clean up to the 8th round. Then I shot 2 rounds - then cleaned up to 20 total down the bore.

This method seemed to pay off for me and I am very satisfied with my rifle.

I was surprised at the amount of copper I got out of the rifle during the inital break in process. However once the "fire lapping" was done, the rifle is now one of my cleanest shooting rifles.

So what do you do if you failed to break in your rifle? I recomend you go get some GM Top Engine Cleaner (TEC) hose down the bore with TEC first - get the carbon out of there first. Then get some good copper remover (Butches, Montana, Hoppes, or Sweets 7.62) and clean the bore down to bare metal. This is a pain in the back side and will make you wonder if there will be a end... hang in there, it will come clean. Once the bore is clean, run a lite patch of oil down the bore.

When you go back to the range, follow the barrel break in procedure and it should settle down and turn into a first class shooter.

Good Luck,

Back