Unit 55 Idaho magic valley?

DieByTheBow

If anyone could spare some info I'd appreciate it. I'm heading there in december for a late Unit 55 bowhunt. Looks like lots of ground to hunt just dont know where to start. Rut and migratory hunts can be hit and miss if you have no clue, which is where I'm at here.

Thanks Anthony

Depending on how much snow we get between now and when you come up here.....greatly varies your hunting areas.

Try hunting east of City of Rocks. There is a gravel road out of Oakley, ID that will take you along some decent places to hunt. Not a whole lot of access roads there....you might also try asking to hunt on private land around Oakley, Albion.

Hope that helps..haven't bow hunted there in late season since I was a teenager.

I have hunted that area the last several years and there are some big bucks there.We are still trying to learn the area and won't hunt this year. Try around Elba and there are some areas off the Oakley-Elba road if there is not too much snow, road will be closed. Also try in the Jim Sage mtns. Good luck.

Thanks for the isight fella's. I have a week to spend there and I'm not afraid to walk miles. I'm staying in Burley so the area's should be close by. If the snow doesn't push the bucks out I'm going in after them.

Thanks Anthony

Grizz here.
I use to hunt this unit every year I could draw it back in the late 90s. Off the highway between Elmo and Alba, theres a road that heads northwest into the Albion mountains toward lake Clevland. We allways hunt mule deer in there. I've killed a few 4X4 bucks there. Seems like almost all of the 4 point bucks I've seen killed in there tend to have "crab claw" front forks due to the genetics in the area. So your gonna have to avoid these bucks if your trophy hunting. We seen a good whitetail buck in there our first year hunting there. Kinda surprised us to see it. I had my first up close and personal mountain lion encounter in there in 97. Alot of big cats in this area, and this fact does not help the deer hunting at all to say the least.

I am looking for good bucks they dont have to be monsterous just big mature mule deer or it looks like whitetail is now on the list. I had no idea there would be whitetails in 55.

good info thanks

Back