Is a Fox Pro worth over twice as much as a Preymaster?

Don Armstrong

I was looking at callers today and noticed the FoxPro is 399.00 and the Preymaster is 189.00. Does the Foxpro have over 200.00 worth of extra features. Don

When I ordered my FoxPro it came with 100 sounds, It will hold 200. The Preymaster comes with 12. Even if all the features were the same, how much would all the extra sounds cost you? A card with 4 sounds would probably cost you $25. Yes it is worth it.

just about any foxpro has more functions and sounds that a praymaster,1 thing most foxpros dont have is abilty to play 2 at once.fury does.i am sure a pm4 will call them in.so its up to you.

Will you call in yotes with the Preymaster? Yes, my buddy does. Will it seem as robust and full featured as the Foxpro? Maybe. Can you get all you want soundwise on the Preymater? Probably not. Why does someone own Craftsman tools versus Kodiak brand at Lowes? Or Snap-On over MAC? They are tools made by tool companies to appeal to a certain customer. And each of these companies make tools to do the same thing, yet they are different in terms of company support, warranty, price, reputation, etc.

You need to decide what you want/expect and then determine what your budget can afford you. Just make sure you factor in all things. I personally just bought my third Foxpro (FX5, then Fury, now CS24) and I am pleased. They are a great company. Before that it was a Burnham Brothers (which called in a LOT of dogs for the three years I used it) and then a homejob electronic with mp3 player before the BB! Each of these worked just fine!

I have the JS Preymaster with the cord and i just recently bought a FoxPro Spit Fire

wow way better call if only it was out when I bought the JS. Hands down the FoxPro is better and worth the money.

I've never used a Preymaster, but with a FoxPro in my hand for the last 8 years, I've never even looked for a different call. FoxPro flips the bill for everything I need it for!!! My remote for my Fury recently quit working and I had a new one in 3 days!!!! No questions asked.

Don,
Some guys advise spending more up front and never look back.

I don't always agree.

My suggestion (not knowing you) is to buy what you are comfortable with and decide whether predator calling is a game you will become passionate about. If it gets in your blood and you have the opportunity then it's time to upgrade.

Quote:Does the Foxpro have over 200.00 worth of extra features.
I'm guessing that you might be trying to compare a FOXPRO FX3 to the Preymaster.
There is a $200 FOXPRO called the Spitfire. It has the lower price, a remote and also comes with great customer service.

You might try copying the features and specs down for any unit you are interested in and study them a bit. I think that you will see why one unit costs more than another one.

Lastly, I've found that if your approach is right, most all companies have good customer service.

I bought a Foxpro last year. Why? Because all the guys honk about it on this and other forums. And show lots of pictures of dead coyotes with a Foxpro next to 'em. Never even heard of preymaster. This is from today.

4680d1a7.jpg

Foxpro lower right. Foxpro=dead coyote.

Last edited:
I think the ability to have all your sounds on the caller and not have to change cards is worth it. I think alot of the js sounds are better. But the good thing about foxpro is you can put those js sounds on it. I had a bunch of the js tapes and cd's now there on the foxpro. I dont know much about the new preymaster but the original one is a good call that will coyotes. If you want to save money find one of the original ones. If you are going to buy the new preymaster then get a foxpro spitfire.

I've had the PM3 and the PM4. That said, I now own the FoxPro FX3. I just like the flexibility the FX3 offers over the JS models.

I bought a Fury last week and it is alittle overwelming, I can't see that I will ever use alot of the features like the sequencing and fox fade??? I went from a 416 b and if I was going to buy again I think I would get the FX 3. Its alittle more my speed. You also might try www.manventureoutpost.com for a really good price. Its where I got mine and its perfect. Brent

Great Products, Great Customer Service= Worth The Money!

Just sold my 5 and upgraded to a Fury

Last edited:
Had a 518, sold it bought an fx3, still have this one but I bought a cs-24 and love it. I've used other callers and WT are good callers also. I'm the kind of guys who buys what I percieve to be the best and bite the bullet. I've had issues with foxpros but man they have some customer service?
I only know one thing the Loudmouth was the biggest piece of junk I've ever owned and it was supposed to be the bestso go figure?

Back