Fixed Blade Knife Sheath

IdahoDawgBustr

What do you all think about this knife sheath?

I have not finished it yet. I am looking for some plastic sheeting to use as a liner, so the blade will not cut the webbing or thread.

The sheath will hang vertically or horizontally on your belt. It has a strap with velcro to fasten the knife into the sheath.

I am thinking a price of $15.99
knifesheath1002.jpg

knifesheath1003.jpg

knifesheath1004.jpg

knifesheath1005.jpg

knifesheath1006.jpg

Let me know what you think.
Gary

Keep Dreaming My Friend! I know the knife is worth alot more than that. Not only monetarily, but sentimentally.

Thanks for the compliment!

Gary

Originally Posted By: tgrifDang, I thought I was going to get a deal.
laugh.gif

The knife looks well preserved.

tgrif,

The knife was handed down to me after my Grandpa's passing. It was all rusted and pitted, so I took some metal sanding paper, and steel wool, and some rust remover, then penetrating oil, I worked to bring it back to where it is now, but the butt cap is held on by an old nail, the leather handle is loose. But I love it, just because it was Grandpa's. Who know when he bought it, or how he attained it.

Do you have an idea of how old it really is?

Thanks for the fun, and good comments!
Gary

mtbadger,

Yes! I will custom make them to whatever length that you measure your knife blade.

I can get this webbing in sizes from 3/4" to 4".

3 and 4 inch comes in black only. And will cost a little more due to the higher cost of material.

The material used in the pictures is 2 inch material. And fits the blade on the knife really well.

Gary

IDB let me know when you get the liner figured out. I have 2 knives that need new sheaths. The out-laws might need a couple also. Will pics and measurements be enough or will you need the knife sent to you???

Thanks again.
mtbadger
(Andy)

mtbadger.

I will let you know! I am still looking for a good plastic to use for the liner. I just haven't had time to look lately, but I will get around to it soon enough.

Gary

Thanks GUNUT,

The knife was probably given to my Grandpa by one of his son's, my uncles, all three of them were in the military during WWII.

That is cool to know! Thanks
Gary

Try locating some kydex. It's the plastic that a lot of knife sheath's are made of. It cuts easily and can be sanded on the edges to the shape that you want. It also can be heated with a heat gun and bent to shape, or even molded. I used to make the entire sheath's out of it before I got all of my leather working materials to make leather sheaths with. I picked up some 2'X4' sheets from a plastics wholesaler for $2.00 each. They were the left overs from larger sheets and they were glad to get rid of them. Try the yellow pages if you have a large city nearby.

CC

customcutter.

Thank You for the info, I will follow up on it.

I live 30 miles northwest of Boise, Idaho, and 30 miles west of Nampa/Caldwell area, I think finding what I need shouldn't be a real problem. I hope?

Gary

Last edited:
Back