New Gun

Try giving Nikon a call if you want to jump on that used one and it's still available, I'm sure it won't last long. I'm sure they tell you, but I am sure they will say it is. I've never seen a scope that was rated for one centerfire but not another, it's usually only rimfire/centerfire. I think any of the choices above would be good... Tikka, Howa, Rem, Savage, Stevens... all are solid, generally good shooting rifles. I have a Remington 700 SPSV that drives tacks even with the tupperware stock that I am happy with, but it's a little heavy on stand. I was thinking I'd probably buy a Tikka T3 Lite, but I got bit by that black gun bug.

BTW posting up a price range might give you more choices, or narrow them. Good luck, I'm sure you'll be happy with any of the choices.

You can call savage and ask for Effy and tell her what you want and they can most likely build it in what ever cal you want with lot's of option to choose from.I have a model 12 low profile in 22-250 with the ACCU TRIGGER and love it.They could probably do the same in a 243. As for you Question on the Mod 10 it comes in 223,22-250,204 and 243 yes. I really like savage for the money they are very accurate and dependable.

Was it a little pricy since they "custom" made it? And has anyone ever had any problems on the camo paint coming off on the m-10s? I got a camo Browning BPS and my buddy has a Benelli Supernova we got them on the same day and the paint is starting to come off a littler bit on them. But I also have a camo Charles Daily and I've had it for years and the camo is still good, I don't want to get this gun then the dern paint starts coming off??????

Ok guys....I ordered my Savage m-10 predator yesterday! It should be here within 2 weeks. The Simmons scope and rings I'm going to send off to www.colorandcamo.com so they can color it the same as the gun. So here is another question. Does anyone know where I can find a Mossy Oak Brush camo bipod? Or does anyone know where I can send mine off? Colorandcamo.com does not paint bipods. I don't want shooting sticks or a trigger stick or anything of the sort I want a bipod. Any help is appreciated, and thanks for all the input guys.

Russell

For the camo job on your bi-pod i would try Hydro-dip.com here in Boise Idaho they have mossy oak brush,and it looks great i have seen a few full guns done in this pattern. Fast turn around time great result.

+1 on hydro dip there work is amazing. as for your paint falling off did you use krylon fusion camo. i paint alot of guns vehicles and boats even just did a bicycle for a grandson of a woman i work with. your paint job is only as good as your pre work.

Based on what you posted and not REALLY knowing how much you are looking to spend JUST for the rifle, just about any of the three brands you listed, even in .243 is gonna run ya at least $700 - $800+. Any NEW Savage (including the Preditor 10) with the true "AccuTrigger" system is running $750+ and likely more. Some of the models mentioned by others, even in Remington are in the $800 - $900 range. If you are gonna buy something, bite the bullet (so to speak) and spend the extra money and get what you REALLY want. The only regrets you'll have is if you buy something just to save money and you quickly find out it don't do what you want it too and now you're PISSED! But it's your call and your money. Good Luck!

Originally Posted By: Martyn4802My first choice would be a 700, however, don't overlook Tikka's, or Weatherby Vanguards. Those two rifles are deadly out of the box, as is Savage.
Don't own a Tikka, or a Savage, but there are so many good postings about their accuracy, I had to mention them. And, I do have two Vanguards that I can recommend, in addition to the 700. My two Vanguards were glass bedded at the lug, with barrels free floating when I bought them new.

Where did you get a vangaurd that was glass bedded at the lug and free floated barrel. I have two vangaurds and have not noticed eaither of these. However, that being said. [beeep] they shoot good out of the box.
grin.gif
grin.gif

emtpredator I didn't paint it myself that's how the BPS came. And Vern_T il look over at them, I will probly send them my scope and rings also. Thanks all

Russell

For the scope i would contact them first i know they only do some scopes. They like to do the leupold higher end stuff but always a great result.

Back