Twofers

Colorado Coyotes

Accomplished two things today. The 1st time my 7mo old pup has been on a coyote hunt and the 1st kill with a new rifle.

Max is a Catahoula I got from a local breeder/friend and he is a great family dog to boot. Loves everybody but definitely has a thing for coyotes. He hasn't tangled with one yet but he has the fire to get after them. I've seen him chasing coyotes across the hay field before but he won't follow if they leave plus I've trained him to return to a Ki-Yi.

When my son Colton got home from school friday we gathered up our stuff and loaded Max in the truck to make a quick call before dark. After getting set up and Max checking things out I started the e-call and setteled in. We were watching the upwind flat in front of us with the wind right to left. After 15 min we were thinking nothing was going to come in and it was getting dark when the wind shifted to our back. I think we all saw the coyote at the same time, He came in from our backside and Max zeroed in on him and was off to the races. The coyote ran off a ways and stopped while he and Max checked each other out. The coyote wouldn't have noticed us if we had been dancing a jig. He was on Mx big time just like it's suppose to happen. They worked around a little sizing each other up and when he presented a shot I center punched him. Max went right to him to check him out and started working him over a little. He found a new chew toy and kept working on him all the way back to the truck. I think he will work out fine with his new past time and I need to get him on some more dogs.
Maxis1stCoyoteNov202009005.jpg

Maxis1stCoyoteNov202009006.jpg

We ain't Mike Granger and Bubba yet but I think this is gonna be a hoot.

Didn't take pics til the next morning and Max still wanted to drag him all over. I think he likes this new game.

Last edited:
Thanks Dasher and giverson

He's a Buck Shot/Belle dog out of some that came from SE Texas.

I liked the looks of your Cur pups and might be one in our future.

Back