house dogs/decoy dogs

trapper2

someone asked awhile back if a decoy dog could also be a house dog, i just dont see how, lol. cleo is used on alot of stuff, plus babysitter
IMG_3683.jpg

IMG_3544.jpg

IMG_3723.jpg

IMG_3643.jpg

1017090859.jpg

and this one is for you devin, remember the story i told you about this
IMG_3646.jpg

That last pic is a classic. You better print that one out for the first time he brings a girlfriend home.

Thanks for sharing with us.

nice pics.may i ask what did you treat that knee with in the forth pic down and how long did it take to heal?my beagles are always getting torn up and i use lotsa stuff,but that looks like a big sore to heal up

gonzaga, yea he will like it when i pull that out when hes 18 wont he,madcatter, i tryed to sew it up but it kept pulling out cause of where it was at, so i just trimed it up and put bag balm on it one day and some kinda wound dressing on it the next, dont know the name, but its made out of different fish oils, works good. it took about a month for it to heal all up but, she was back going three days later, ryan

Thanks for posting these pics! It's awesome to see a family companion get out in the field and do get serious all in the same day!

I know what you meen, I have some inside and some out, but they all "flip a switch" in a flat second.
09pupsontrapline4.jpg

Buddies.jpg

Peanutfirstcatch6.jpg

warmfuzzypuppies.jpg

Last edited:
Ours isnt really a house dog anymore, he's young and causes trouble in the house. But he loves the kids and is very tolerant. When he was still little and getting into stuff all the time I used to say I was going to skin him and turn him into a hat because there wasn't enough of him for a fur coat. So here the boys each get a turn wearing the "Buck"skin hat.

100_1020.jpg

100_1018.jpg

100_1021.jpg

Duanne, I have always meant to aplologize for naming him Buckshot. I didn't know your stud was named the same untill after ours was already answering to the name and I already had his tags made up. I really didn't mean to steal the name of your best dog.

Originally Posted By: trapper2and this one is for you devin, remember the story i told you about this
IMG_3646.jpg

Oh that is funny. My wife said she is going to kick your butt, when she saw this picture.lol

ajneal, you must have done something right to have all of those boys, he he paybacks.

Those are some great pics Duanne, it is the training of the dog and not the nature of the beast as some might say.

I'm from the 50/50 "school" Half blood,half training.
We've had this discusion before, a well bred dog not hunted will never turn into anything, and a poorly bred dog hunted alot might be a "star".

Back