turkey/coyote choke?

bamayote23

hello everyone! i have been posting quite a few questions here so please dont get mad!

i was wondering what is the best aftermarket choke for coyote/turkey hunting? i am shooting remington 870 or 1100 12ga. i would be shooting both 2and3/4" and 3". would the carlsons dead coyote choke tube work for turkeys? please any reccomendations are welcome! also please tell the load that has shot best out of them. also dont want to spend over 60$ if i can help it!
GOD BLESS
Luke

if your shooting #4 buck for yotes than a more open choke like a reg full or a mod might work better so your not deforming the pellets.

For turkey i like the primos jelly heads

alot a variables
If you shoot hevi shot you want to go with a more open choke
those tightly constricted turkey chokes are no good for hevi shot,,,, but they claim they are
if you go with lead you may get away with them but like with everything actual shooting will tell you what to use

You might want to call Kicks chokes, I have had very good luck with them. Tell them what your shooting and they make a recommendations.

Good folks.

John

if you run a super turkey choke, run lead only
laugh.gif

As far as turkey goes I shoot a Rhino Choke and Nitro Company shotshells ( 4 X 5 X 7 hevishot) out of my Mossberg 835. I've experimented with alot of chokes and shells and nothing can compare. I can put close to 300 pellets in a 10" circle at 40 yards!
beagleguy
[/url][/img]
As far as coyote I use the Rhino choke with 3 1/2" #4 buckshot and get very good patterns out to about 50 yards. I also patterned "Dead Coyote" shotshells (T shot) out of the Rhino but the #4 buck patterned better. I purchased a "Dead Coyote" Choke as well. The Dead Coyote shells patterned the best out of the Dead Coyote Choke. However I achieved just as good results with #4 buck and my turkey choke.

Kicks chokes are the best I have found for turkey, I like to shoot winchester number 6 and have killed birds as far as 50 yards bang flop. I just got my new Howler choke in the mail today that Chuck at Kicks sent me to try, I will be shooting it at the world hunt the first of December. I will pattern it tomorrow and let you know what it likes to shoot.

Back