help w/ putting scope on marlin .22lr

bamayote23

hello everyone!

ok i got a marlin 75c .22lr and i really want to squrriel hunt w/ it! but i also want to put a scope on it, but the problem is that the gun hasnt been tapped for bases and doesnt have bases on it. so is there any way to put the scope on w/out bases? there is a scope rail. also if not what does it cost to get it tapped for bases or could i do it myself?
thanks and GOD BLESS
Luke

I would not try and do it yourself unless you have the proper machines to do it. Having a gun drilled and tapped by a gun smith is not an expensive job. I am not familiar with the 75c ,what action is it? Are you sure it is not already drilled and the holes are plugged with small screws?

By 'scope rail' do you mean something like a dovetail machined into it?

Ok , I checked it out, it's a semi-auto and its grooved for scope mounts. If you get Weaver type scope rings you should be good.

Last edited:
Its prolly got 2 little grooves, one on each side of the reciever.. those would be the Dove Tails. They are on most .22's and is also still used on the Tikka's. Rings are plentiful for those.

bamayote23, let me make you a deal. I'll send you a scope and mounting rings, you send me $5.00 for shipping and PM me your address. That sound OK?
smile.gif

Back