FINALLY

Dustballs

We have been trying to put an end to my wifes elk hunt so I can get to the coyotes. Today we finally jumped a few and my wife made a ok shot in the shoulder. I think it hit to much heavy bone and did not do much to the vitals. So now we have a wounded elk and about two feet of snow to contend with. We watched her and she would go for awhile and lay down. Then go then lay down. She went into a patch of trees, so we went in after her. We jumped her once and couldnt get a shot off cause it was so thick. We also had our two boys one 7 and one 2. We decided to let her be and go get some equipment and hope she would be dead when we returned. We tracked her and jumped her again she ran to the open and my wife put her down. Even though we didnt need him with the snow and the blood I let zipper trail her. I had him on a lead and he stayed to the track. He did a great job.
PICT0135.jpg
PICT0136.jpg

Way glad. It just seems no matter how hard you try things still go to [beeep]. We got back to the trailer with the Rhino and glad to done and headed for town. Started to load the Rhino and had a flat on the trailer to change.

Back