Jagd/Cur cross

Should have took Bean with me, but Taylor wanted him to stay with her while I slipped out for a couple of hours…lol
Went out to make a couple stands this morning before the rain started and set in for what looks like most of the day. 1st stand I saw a pair about 600 yards out, so I eased up to within 400 yards and turned the call on low. Had to get louder than I thought to get their attention. When I did here they came on a fast lope. They got within 100 yards and the old female started to circle to get the wind. Tater was watching them and he barked them to a stop before I did. I drop the ol gal and lined up on the 2nd one and squeezed one off at a little over 200. I heard the bullet smack and then seen her getting up. Tater was on her tail and I could not shoot again. He did not get a hold of the coyote and quit the chase after about another 400-500 yards as the coyote crossed onto a place I can not hunt. He is going to loose his nutts soon if he don’t start getting ahold of them. Bean would have bayed that coyote, or still be out there chasing it.

Went to my next spot and the wind shifted after my first series. I kept my good eye downwind and sure enough an old male showed up about 200 out. I popped him and called a bit more without seeing another coyote.
Got them home and Taylor took a contest picture for me. My new pup Pepper got to see one last night and then these two this morning. See is barking and growing at them. So she seems to not like coyotes already. We will see come next year if she is fit to breed.
Stay after them
Kelly

IMG_0847.jpg

Here is a picture of Pepper.

IMG_0849.jpg

Thanks for the pup Devin. Taylor already loves her.
Kelly

Last edited:
Went out and killed two more this evening. Pepper put a tooth into one of them. I think I will have fun with this pup.

Tater done better on these two stands and I am not quite as pissed at him. He's still going to loose his nutts.

IMG_0851.jpg

IMG_0852.jpg

Stay after them
Kelly

That is great Kelly.You have already put that pup on more coyotes than I have seen in a life time. Good Job.
The thing I like about this litter is they all went to some top notch hunters that can really tell if they are going to make dogs. Thanks guys.

Back