SAKO 75 Varmint or Cooper MT Varminter 22-250 ???

montanafos

Need to get a decision made on a used...as new...SAKO 75 Laminate Stainless Varmint (Bull) 22-250 or a new Cooper Montana Varminter 22-250. I can pick up the SAKO for like $950 and the Cooper is $1599. Would love some input. Will be hunting PD's and coyotes out here...Montana. If you had $1400 to spend right now, which one would you buy and why? Obviously I need to scratch up another couple hundred for the Cooper. Will need to put optics on in the future with the Cooper as it will eat up all of the funds. Thanks...

Last edited:
Th Sako will be evry bit as accurate. It has my favorite feature, a removable magazine. Should have set trigger and optilock rings too.

Well, I bit the bullet on the SAKO. Paid too much for it I'm sure but you'd never know it was fired and it came with the Opti-Lock rings and bases...does not have the set trigger though. Very nice gun and the store guaranteed that it would shoot or I can bring it back. Paid $1199 for it...I know...too much but you only live once! Will post a picture shortly.

Last edited:
Here are a few pics of the gun...I'm happy with the purchase.

IMG_1503.jpg

IMG_1504.jpg

IMG_1505.jpg

I think you made the right decision...
I've heard that the new Sako 85's are lacking in quality,, but that was hearsay. I've shot a couple of 75's and know they were both very good shooters..

Congrats...
Charlie

Originally Posted By: RePeteI think you made the right decision...
I've heard that the new Sako 85's are lacking in quality,, but that was hearsay. I've shot a couple of 75's and know they were both very good shooters..

Congrats...
Charlie

Thanks for the confirmation. I see Clearwater County in your signature...is that around Orofino? I spent last week fishing for B run steelhead over there. Go over every year for the last 4...love that area.

Originally Posted By: montanafosOriginally Posted By: RePeteI think you made the right decision...

Congrats...
Charlie

Thanks for the confirmation. I see Clearwater County in your signature...is that around Orofino? I spent last week fishing for B run steelhead over there. Go over every year for the last 4...love that area.

I'm about 20mi down river from Orifino,,, or 3mi below the Lenore Bridge for a reference point.
This should look familiar.. (Not the gun,,, the river.)

noname147.jpg

Shoot me a PM before ya come over next year,, maybe you'll have time to stop by for a cold beverage.. We can set on that deck and swap a few lies..

Oh yea,,, you might as well drop that Sako off with me while your here,, I can test drive it while you're fishing..
grin.gif

Charlie

Back