Fur Tanner?

1Longbow

Wondering where you guys are sending your furs to get tanned. I have a couple I'd like to have done and hang in the house.--Thanks 1Longbow

Good question, I'd like to know also. I'm sure you get what ya pay for but, if your set up and do it for a living I wouldn't see why a guy would have to get charged an arm and a leg.

Well they came in this afternoon. They are MY fox hides and they look great. Nice white tan and very very soft. I wish I had done a couple things different as far as skinning and I did not stretch one which was a big mistake. Also make sure take all the ear cartilage out. That was the only disappointment I had and it was my fault. I cant wait to send them some more hides.

mtinaz, would you mind sharing more details ? like how much do they charge ? what is the turn a round time ? is this your 1st dealing with Moyles ?

I guess if they have a web site it might all be on there.

Thanks for your time.

Drifter

Wildlife Gallery in Mi. I'm a taxidermist and have lots tanned, these guys are great to deal with and their tan is top notch.Fast turn around also.

This was my first time getting something (anything) tanned. I did a coyote my self but it was not worth it for what they charge and there tan is 1000% better than what I did. It was 18 bucks each to tan them plus like 15$ shipping and handling. The web site was working a couple weeks ago? I cant remember exactly but I am sure the turn around time was less than the 60 days they say. I think the turn around time has a lot to do with how many they get in. I will try to upload a photo in the next couple days.

I'm going out this weekend it'll be my first trip this season hopefully im not jinxing myself, but I really want a few coyote pelts for the house and was curious if there's anything else i should do other than try and get all the flesh off. someone mentioned stretching them out? do you need special equipment to do this? how quick should I ship em off and how do you package them to ship. Im totally clueless to fur care as the guys who got me in to calling leave em lying in the desert. It'll be nice to have something to show for my efforts

Thanks

Back