Predator Hunting Magazine

Jared_Blohm

Hey guys,

I usually just read the topics and stay in the background here, but I've been getting a lot of calls and e-mails this fall asking about Predator Hunting Magazine so I thought I'd post something here to let the readers know how you can get your hands on this year's issues.

Predator Hunting is published twice a year. The issues are available on newsstands, but we do not currently offer subscriptions. Check your local Barnes & Noble or Borders or call to ask if they carry it. The magazine is carried at most of those locations. If you can't find it there or at other local stores with magazine racks, you can call 1-800-894-4656 and they should be able to tell you which stores in your area carry the magazine. Issues will also be available for PDF download this year on TrapperPredatorCaller.com for the same cost as the print version ($4.99).

The fall issue of Predator Hunting will be available on newsstands beginning tomorrow (Nov. 3). This is what the cover looks like:
Predator%20Hunting%20Magazine%20Cover%20-%20Fall%202009%20%28Web%29.jpg

The fall issue features a number of names you all will recognize from the industry and these forums:
[*] Ted Stotler — using shadows for cover[*] Rich Byerly — standing corn for late-season coyotes[*] Freddie McKnight — woodland fox hunting[*] Lance Homman — badger calling[*] Byron South — bobcat tactics[*] Steve Criner — coyote vocalizations[*] Chris Butcher — airguns for predators[*] Randy Smith — calling feral hogs[*] Jack Spencer Jr. — hunting in windy conditions[*] Mark Kayser — hunting coyotes with a bow[*] Dave Morelli — calling ATVs[*] Charlie Harder — fox hunting[*] Serge Lariviere — predator home ranges[/list]The winter issue will be on newsstands beginning Tuesday, Dec. 15 and will feature some of the writers above along with Dave Kaprocki, Randy Zarnke, Tad Brown and Randy Buker.

Let me know what you guys think of the issues. And if you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM or an e-mail to Jared.Blohm@fwmedia.com. Thank you for reading the magazine. -- Jared

Last edited:
bamayote23,

In the article Badger Calling by Lance Homman, the picture of the guy with his hat on backward, is my ProStaffer Brendan LoCicero.
When he saw the picture, he was so excited, having his picture in "The Predator Hunting" magazine. He took it to work and showed his students, and a bunch of friends. I was excited for him as well. In fact I couldn't wait to show it to him.
I took the picture while we were out badger calling/hunting here in SW Idaho. We actually called 2 badgers that day.

Good Hunting & God Bless
Gary

I enjoy the publication. I've been looking for the latest edition for quite some time. I agree, we need more, at least 1 for every season.

Thanks for the positive feedback guys. I love hearing from people who enjoy the publication. I hope you like the new issue. It was a fun one to put together.

I'm told the PDF download should be available on the site by the end of the day today if anyone is looking for that.

And if anyone messages me over the next few days and I don't reply right away, it's not because I'm ignoring you. I'll be at deer camp from tonight through the weekend after bucks with the bow and I don't have Internet access over there.

I love Predator Hunting. It was the motivation for me to subscribe to TT&PC (which I love too). It's too bad you don't offer subscriptions for PH as living out here in Aleutian [beeep] doesn't allow me to get out much to a B&N for a magazine and latte.

I'm hoping we can come up with some sort of a subscription model in the future for the Predator Hunting (possibly as some sort of an addition to a Trapper & Predator Caller subscription), but that won't happen until next year at the earliest.

For the time being, hopefully most people are able to find it on newsstands or take advantage of the digital download.

I have not been able to find Predator Hunting Magazine. I will start looking for it again.
I for one really enjoy the Predator Xtreme Magazine, and I get more then 2 a year.
When I find the predator hunting magazine, I'll let you know what I thank.

Good Luck and Happy Hunting!!

Have those that have had a hard time finding it tried calling the number I gave earlier? If you call 1-800-894-4656, they should be able to let you know the nearest stores we provide it to. They won't be able to tell you the stores that received it through distributors, but it should help in most cases.

Also, the digital version (PDF) is now available on the Web site. If you copy and paste this Web address, it should take you to the page you can order it from: krausebooks.com/product/Predator_Hunting_Fall_2009/digital-magazine-issues

Last edited:
Picked one up a couple of days ago at Borders. Really liked it I've read most of it already. Really need more like it, informative and down to earth. Is there a good mix in Trapper and predator caller, or is it a trapping mag with a call here and there. Either way I think I need to subscribe if it is set up with the same principle as Predator Hunting Magazine.

There are usually two predator hunting stories in each issue of Trapper & Predator Caller and we have at least one issue each year with three predator hunting stories (usually January). There are also a number of stories that crossover into both trapping and predator calling over the course of the year. Most of the Predator Hunting writers also write for T&PC, including many of the field editors from T&PC (Lance Homman, Ted Stotler, Dave Kaprocki, Charlie Harder, Dave Morelli and Serge Lariviere).

PredatorMasters offers a reduced rate subscription for T&PC. Click "PM Gear" at the top of the page, click "Books/Magazines" and click "Trapper & Predator Caller Magazine." Also, many of the trapping or predator calling associations across the country offer the magazine as part of membership fees.

Had to leave a message when I tried calling the 800 # this morning. Hopefully someone will call me back.

"Rustydog" in Portland, OR

Back