Huskemaw Scope

I use a 5-15X power bushnell elite 3200 with mil dot and target turrets standard on this scope. It has great glass IMO for what I paid and has 1/4" clicks. This sits on a .243 coyote rifle and gets bounced around on a daily basis and holds zero well. I can use the mil dot for ranging and hold over or I can use the factory supplied target turrets. A great scope for the money my .02

I would love to have a mark4 or nightforce but the wifey says no way!!! I have a leupold vari 3 on a 22-250 standard plex with turrets nice but I like the elite better.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 2muchgunYes. With a couple Mark 2's and VXII's thrown in to boot. Have owned over 30 Leupys........

You have a lot more scopes than I do
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: ADCcoyoteI use a 5-15X power bushnell elite 3200 with mil dot and target turrets standard on this scope. It has great glass IMO for what I paid and has 1/4" clicks. This sits on a .243 coyote rifle and gets bounced around on a daily basis and holds zero well. I can use the mil dot for ranging and hold over or I can use the factory supplied target turrets. A great scope for the money my .02

I would love to have a mark4 or nightforce but the wifey says no way!!! I have a leupold vari 3 on a 22-250 standard plex with turrets nice but I like the elite better.

I have used an Elite like you have just for a short period of time. It was on a friend's rig-Glad it is working good for you.

There are a good 30 scope boxes on top of my safe of all makes and models.

I will say that I kinda like the Shepherd scope system, and Dan Shepherd is a great guy to shoot the BS with. Problem is, I can't get either of the 2 scopes 2 hold zero, even after sending them in. For long range work, I still prefer Mark 4's with M1's.......

Current LR optics:

Leupold Mark 4 FFP 6.5-20 w/ART Reticle
Huskemaw 5-20
NF NXS 8-32 NP-2DD Reticle
Leupold VX-3 LR/T 8.5-25 Dot Reticle
Sightron S-3 6-24 Mil-Dot Reticle (wish it was the dot reticle)

I'll be using my T-36 (1/8 min. dot reticle) for load development and possibly 600yd prone on my 243 that is at Kampfelds......

Current LR optics and Specialty Handguns (No Rifles Allowed
grin.gif
) :

Leupold Mark 4 FFP 6.5-20 w/ART Reticle (Switch barrel XP/center-grip 6.5x47 Lapua, 6.5 WSM & 7mm Dakota

Huskemaw 5-20 Center-Grip XP in 338 AX, and 7mm Dakota

NF NXS 8-32 NP-2DD Reticle Rear-grip XP 6.5-284, 243 Win, 6mmx47 Lapua

Leupold VX-3 LR/T 8.5-25 Dot Reticle Rear Grip XP 6.5-284
This optic is also switched to a center-grip XP in 6-284 as well.

Sightron S-3 6-24 Mil-Dot Reticle MOA Maximum 7mm Rem Mag Imp, 6.5-284, and 6mm-6.5x47 Lapua

Barrels are all fast twist, and a number of different makers: McGowen, Broughton, Lilja, Lawton, Brux, Shilen, Douglas, Krieger

I have a couple of other scopes but they are long eye relief handgun scopes.

I'm thinkin' the LER thing is what turned me away from pistols chambered for rifle cartridges. Maybe I just didn't put the right optics on them......

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunI'm thinkin' the LER thing is what turned me away from pistols chambered for rifle cartridges. Maybe I just didn't put the right optics on them......

If it is a horesy cartridge a good muzzle brake and a rifle scope will let you do about anything.
Milder ones do not require a brake, but close to no movement is nice
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunI hate muzzle brakes. Rather take the recoil and keep whats left of my hearing......

I always use hearing protection.
Double it when I am shooting from a fixed position.
Muzzle Brakes are necessary for some of cartridges I shoot.
Well, if you get a specialty handgun, now you don't have to worry about the long eye relief and short FOV-Now you know you can use riflescope. Might be a good time to try the Huskemaw
wink.gif

I screwed up my hearing many years ago(Pretty stupid). I like the muzzle brakes. However I do not worry so much about the recoil of the rifle. I really like the brakes because I think the brake gives me more control of the rifle. And I think I shoot better with more control of the rifle. I believe the brake gives me a better follow through. But this is entirely unscientific. Just my opinion. Tom.

Originally Posted By: HOGGHEADI screwed up my hearing many years ago(Pretty stupid). I like the muzzle brakes. However I do not worry so much about the recoil of the rifle. I really like the brakes because I think the brake gives me more control of the rifle. And I think I shoot better with more control of the rifle. I believe the brake gives me a better follow through. But this is entirely unscientific. Just my opinion. Tom.

Tom,
Also a good brake will let you spot your own shot, which is useful, and enjoyable.
Ernie

I can imagine some of those hog-legs you shoot could get quite sporty without a brake. I've shot a few. 30-30, 30 Herrett, 7mm TCU, 7-30 Waters, 375 JDJ( I think that is the one that uses necked down 444 brass). A plain old 30-30, unbraked, is a good handful in a handgun, I know. They are just so damm loud. Might be another reason why I just go with a rifle or a big-bore revolver. I can remember shooting my T/C Contender .223 with 14" tube over the hood of my truck for the first time. Ear piercing, and that's not even a big cartridge......

Originally Posted By: gundog38012muchgun...

I'm new here and couldn't help but notice your signature, so I've got to ask...

Why the beef with A-bolts?

Oh here we go!
laugh.gif

Back