True Working Art Damascus Knife... SOLD!

rainshadow1

Custom Call Maker
This is a fully functional, solid, American, 100% Hand Made working knife.... But who would DO that!?!?!

The billet was hand forged by Gene Martin, of Provision Forge, in Williams Oregon. I got it from him in a big, rough, raw, grinder belt eating, CHUNK of damascus. I ground and ground and ground, and found this shape inside it.

Bored, skeletonized, and bullnosed and then heat treated.

Then edged razor sharp, etched deep, and polished back out.

I decided I wanted the steel to be the showpiece, and as such, I tapered the handle heavy and fitted it with pieces that served more like inlays in a scale, than the scales themselves. The result is classy and really, really Uber-Cool! I feels absolutely barbarian in the hand, in a smooth sexy polished sort of way...

The main grip material is red carbon lined Musk Ox Horn Tip. Then, I turned pre-ban Elephant ivory on the lathe and made the pins by hand.

The butt patch segment is also Elephant ivory, and to maintain the theme, I turned Musk Ox horn on the lathe and made the pin for that.

So the heart of the Knife is American Handmade Bladesmith Forged Damascus Steel. Stock removal formed, bored, and finished all by hand. 10" OAL. 4 3/4" cutting edge.

The Grip is nothing but Musk Ox and Elephant Ivory with a thin layer of carbon for color.

The sheath is black and saddle tan leather, ornamented and skeletonized, and designed for the right hip.

Here goes....

DSC07071.jpg

DSC07081.jpg

DSC07083.jpg

DSC07088.jpg

DSC07091.jpg

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0135.jpg

This is the nicest knife I've ever made.

Hope you enjoyed the lookie-loo!!!

Still here?

Ok,

Now, if you've studied my stuff, you know one thing.... I'm cheap. I'm typically 30 - 50% cheaper than any other established knifesmith for comparable work. I do that on purpose. Someday I might go ahead and move up to their pricing, but I haven't had to do that to you yet.

I say that in order to say this... this one is priced cheap too. Believe it or not. I've handled far inferior work that was priced 30 - 50% higher than this.

Ok, take a breath....

$OLD for this one.

If this kind of work becomes very well accepted, I might eventually start making 3 or 4 per year... However, more than likely it'll be one every year or two. This knife WON'T get lost in the crowd!

Thanks Guys!

WOW Steve that knife is absolutely the most beautiful thing I've ever seen!! You did an incredible job on it..Stunning !! It wont last long at that price.. Kerry

Steve, That one deserves to be a featured item in the Knife Maker's Guild magazine.... It is one beautiful piece of Art...

Bill

Steve, that is really freaking good! You had already come a long way in your knife making and that has raised the bar to a very high level. Great work Sir, I wish I had the cash sitting around for that one!

Back