Ace Stocks

druupy

Are there any benefits/problems to the Ace Skeleton Stocks other than that I like how they look? I'd like to try one.

I like'em and have them on about 1/2 my lowers.

I don't really care for the soft butt pad that comes with it and do not install it. I'd sure like to see an aluminum spacer pad or some sort of hard nylon durlon extened pad, just to lengthen pull.

it's not like ya need a recoil pad with a AR! Just an extension.

I like the ACE stock. It's quiet, light and comfortable. I also like the rubber recoil pad, not for reducing recoil but since it's rubber the stock don't slide off your shoulder while calling.

I have several of them as well. I even have one on a .308 AR and on two .223's. I love them and like stated I do believe they are a little lighter and make for a nice feel when the gun is shouldered to shoot.

Originally Posted By: lennyzrx I'd sure like to see an aluminum spacer pad or some sort of hard nylon durlon extened pad, just to lengthen pull.

I'm with you on this one. I'd like just a little more length to the stock. I really like mine.

The only problem I had was the one piece sling stud/swivel. You had to unscrew it to take the sling off and then it got all twisted up. I had an extra sling stud that came with a set of Uncle Mike's swivels, but it was too long to use. I put it in a vice and cut it shorter with a Dremel, so now I can use quick detach swivels with it.

Originally Posted By: jamesdLove them for hunting but I'll take the A2 for target shooting.It's tough using a rear bag with ace stock.

That's true. I forgot that one.

Back