2muchgun & his Weaver scopes........

I have been looking at the 24t or 36t for that 600yd+ .308 i am building, maybe it's time to trade or sale some eltes and get one, the question is which weaver to get? blue

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunThe only Weaver I've used that I cannot endorse is their 2.5-8x handgun scope. The eye relief just wasn't right for me......

I don't think the eye relief on that one is right for anyone. The scope you mention is the worst I have ever seen for having a lot of black around the edges no matter what you do.

Yep. It's pretty bad. I sold mine after putting up with it for about 6 months. Was never sure if i just got a lemon or if they were all that bad. After looking through a few more, I came to the conclusion it wasn't just mine......

Hey 2much, how is Weaver on the warranty end of things? Do they stand behind their product? I will say the gentlemen I talked to was very willing to answer all my questions, even when I started asking questions about the production of their scopes. Many companies won't answer those type of questions, but they did. I foresee a few Weavers heading my way.

Of the bunches my buds and I have owned, none have ever been in the need of service. Something I cannot say about most of the brands I've owned.....

I guess I'm like Borek, I haven't purchased a Weaver in quite a while, years actually. At one time Weaver was a very popular scope.

I have owned several over the years and all were good. I still have a 1.5 x 4.5 on my Marlin 444. Never seems to lose zero. I also owned a T16 at one time. The only fault I had to it was the adjustable objective was meant more for benchrest shooters than groundhog hunters. It was not easy to quickly adjust under hunting conditions. I also had a K10 that I wish I had back. Would make a great scope for testing new handloads.

Maybe we all need to take a closer look at Weaver once again.

Last edited:
Don't worry about it, I was just messin' with ya!
smile.gif

Here's a couple pics of the V3 on my 788 44Mag. Mounted in QRW Leups. Have as much in the rings and bases as the scope, but hey if I cant get it off and back to where it was...

Scope it great in adjustments and clarity. Perfect set up for this gun. Tried a Leup 2.5-8x36 and Millet DMS on it before this one. Cant say its better glass then the Leup, but not a huge step down either. This scope fits the gun and the effective use of the cartridge best of the three.

The Weaver V's have the clean and trim look and feel of my much more expensive Leups (like the 2.5-8) that many other low end (power and/or price) scopes don't have. At least IMHO.

DSCF2367.jpg

DSCF2366.jpg

B

No problem Sandhills. Just curious if the grand slam series lives up to what has been said about the other weaver scopes. My budget is pretty tight, and this would be a pretty major investment. Just want to spend my money the right way.

Have used a few grand slams and they were outstanding. The 1.5x6 (or thereabouts) was outstanding early and late and never lost zero. Also used a 4.5x14 that was impressive. My only concern was if there were ever any warranty issues.

Back