A Little Range Time

venatic

I had to work Saturday until about 2pm but when I got home the wind was light so I gathered my stuff and headed to the range to check some loads for two DTechs. It was opening day of Gun Deer season here in Tx so I figured most self-respecting male Texans would be hunting and I was correct.Not only was the range empty they had left lots of targets hanging that had no bullet holes in them so I was happy to put some obligatory holes in them.
I was shooting a 6X45mm that has a 1/12 twist Shilen barrel and a .223 with a 1/14 twist Shilen barrel and very tight match chamber and short throat so you can seat lighter bullets to touch the lands easily. Mike told me that but when I loaded the bullets I just loaded them to fit the magazine as I normally do and they were too long so I measured and seated them just off the lands.
I have a Nikon Monarch 6-20X scope with fine crosshairs mounted in a LaRue QD mounts that I use for testing loads in my AR's. I had put it on the 6X45 first and had sighted in on a trip to the range about 3 weeks ago but it was very windy and raining so I just sighted in and quit.I fired 3 shots and well as you can see its a DTech.
IMG_0337.jpg

I really wanted to shoot the .223 as I had not gotten to shoot it at all the first trip due to the bullets being too long to chamber.So I quickly swapped the Nikon over to that upper and fired a shot. It was low and left so I dailed the crosshairs to that bullet hole and fired 3 shots.Not Bad.
IMG_0345.jpg

Nothing special about the loads LC brass and Remington 7 1/2 primers loaded on Redding FL dies.The 6X45mm load is the same that I shoot in my 1/10 twist barrel that is very accurate as well.
'

Made a couple of clicks and shot 3 more.
IMG_0344.jpg

Back