WV signpost . . .

Jim,

Not yet... Been too busy workin and deer huntin. I plan to get started calling in about two weeks! You been having any luck?

We still need to plan a few hunts this winter!!

No calling for me yet, but I'm chompin at the bit. I don't call until fox/cat season is in, don't like letting them walk away. Tends to make them a bit harder to call the next time.
I'll be trapping next week so I probably won't do very much calling until after buck season.
Good luck to all of you.

Made just a few stands and got busted once but never seen them just got the barking. My mother was in the hospital for several days and ended up passing away the 21st.Havent done much for awhile. I'm going to make a couple stands in the morning. Probably wont see anything but I just need to get out and get some fresh air and hopefully it will clear my mind for atleast a little while. Good luck guys!

skeet very sorry about your mom,she may not be here but she will be with you always...lost mine when i was 12...it was rough...we were close ..we were farmers and she even hunted with me..from the time i was 9..get out there and get you some fresh air and stack up some of that WV. fur..

I'm awfully sorry to hear about your mothers passing. Getting out in the field is the best therapy. I know from exp. Pops died not quite two years back and just this very past Saturday, I was able to bring myself to visit his grave for the first time. He would have been 88 this past Oct 31. I doubt my mother makes another year. We are all originally from Parkersburg West by god, Grizz.

Originally Posted By: GRIZZLYONEI'm awfully sorry to hear about your mothers passing. Getting out in the field is the best therapy. I know from exp. Pops died not quite two years back and just this very past Saturday, I was able to bring myself to visit his grave for the first time. He would have been 88 this past Oct 31. I doubt my mother makes another year. We are all originally from Parkersburg West by god, Grizz.

Grizz, send me a pm, i am also from pburg,wva. ed

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: happyyoterCalled one in last sunday at 3am near hundred WV.

My partner got it with a 22 mag.

Someone said a 22mag couldnt kill a yote. LOL. ed

happyyoter, I know exactly what you mean. My mom got me in to hunting and fishing aswell. I was born in Oct. of 81 and my dad passed in Jan. of 83 so mom kind of took on the father role also. At 28 I'm the youngest of 6 kids so I was mom's "baby". We was close. I don't even have a grandparent left and it all kind of seems unfair. I'm sad but not mad, God has his reason's.

hillbilly1,GRIZZLYONE,trapwv,flyinlizard and Frogman. Thank's alot guy's, I appreciate it! God bless!!

Skeet, I plan to be in VA next weekend, then deer hunt through the end of November. Then all my time will be spent calling until the end of February. If you just need to get away and see some new ground, your more than welcome to come up this way and we'll see what we can call in.

hillbilly1, I really appreciate the offer! If I get the chance and our schedule's work out i'd be happy to take you up on that offer. Thank's!

HEY Happyyoter
You said you killed one at 3am with a 22 mag

I think thats illegal i think hunting coyote in WV at night is January thru -July

Back