Need help. Wanting an AR for hunting

Hey everyone i'm new to this forum so first off i'd like to say hi....Next up I've been hunting coyotes for several years with just a deer rifle and mouth call. I've stepped up in the world and bought a foxpro after hunting with one the other day and I'm looking for an AR-15 just for coyote hunting. Wanting to get one with a scope. Most shots will be close as they always are but a few might be out a good ways...lol. Maybe 300 yards or closer. What do you guys suggest??? and how much is it gonna cost me??? Don't want to go crazy but don't mind spend a little money on toys.Thanks in advance for your help

Bargain basement models from CMMG are about 600 bucks to the sky is the limit custom models.

Calibers easy to find ammo for would be my concern unless you are willing to play with wildcats. For shelf ammo there is of course 223 then you could step up to the 6.5 Grendel 6.8SPC either does a fine job on deer, bear, hogs, elk all of course within reasonable distances. Then you could step up to the WSSM calibers that are available only from very limited sources and the wait times could be a year or more for a custom gun. Look closely at the 6.8SPC for the best bang for the buck and readily available parts, uppers, ammo and so on.

Or another possibility is stepping up to the AR10 based platform where you can get the 308 based calibers, ie: 243, 308, 7-08, 6.5 Creedmore, 338 Federal and several others. However weight and expense are your main contributing factors withthe larger framed AR's.

Armalite, DPMS, Remington R-25 (made by DPMS), Fulton Armory, J.P. Enterprises, etc.

.223 is fine for deer.
use nosler 60 grainers. knocks em down like peabodys coal train.

and theres nothing wrong with a 6.8

Originally Posted By: scottmilk9I have a few specials right now, classifieds and dealer forums is where they are located.

smile.gif
what he said !
smile.gif

good guy, u can trust scott

Originally Posted By: scottmilk9I have a few specials right now, classifieds and dealer forums is where they are located.

grin.gif
what he said !!!
grin.gif

Back