Flat top stripped upper

best bet is to have them fitted. Problem is thats a custom job.

Second best option is the accuwedge. fits under the rear pin/post and eliminates a ton of "slop".

FOr what its worth, I "bedded" an upper and lower together with stainless shim steel and bedding compound- didnt make a whip difference over the wedge- but IS permanent and doesnt fall out when swapping uppers.

I have a Colt upper that fits tighter on my RRA lower than the RRA upper that came from the factory on the lower. I think it's just in the luck of the draw.

Coyote 6974

Originally Posted By: Jack RobertsPlay between the upper and lower is strictly a cosmetic issue. It has no effect on accuracy or function.

Jack

Exactly.

Originally Posted By: yotenaylorbest bet is to have them fitted. Problem is thats a custom job.

Second best option is the accuwedge. fits under the rear pin/post and eliminates a ton of "slop".

FOr what its worth, I "bedded" an upper and lower together with stainless shim steel and bedding compound- didnt make a whip difference over the wedge- but IS permanent and doesnt fall out when swapping uppers.

elmers glue, will hold it in there !
grin.gif
smile.gif
laugh.gif

peabody.... and yes, i did mine. one drop, works great

Back