Bushmaster predator barrels

The only one i have is a 24" and it shoots about an inch at 100yds. Its a plain chromoly barrel, so nothing fancy about it, but its pretty good.

Originally Posted By: NewLife2626Anyone use these and what are you opinions on them, also what kind of accuracy are you getting from them.

My Predator is one of the most accurate rifles I own.

IMG_1539.jpg

Regards,
hm

My 20" predator averages 3/4" for 5 shot groups and sometimes better. I haven't played with loads much and I may not have the shooting skills to do any better. I like the barrel a lot; it's light and generally accurate.

I always oil the bore and crown every time I shoot. My barrel isn't super rust prone but I've found you need to be more careful than with a stainless barrel.

Originally Posted By: hm1996Originally Posted By: NewLife2626Anyone use these and what are you opinions on them, also what kind of accuracy are you getting from them.

My Predator is one of the most accurate rifles I own.

IMG_1539.jpg

Regards,
hm

is that ? powder burns on the paper ?

lol !!! just kidding.. great shooting !!!

peabody

Quote:is that ? powder burns on the paper ?

lol !!! just kidding.. great shooting !!!

peabody

That would take some awfully slow burning powder @ 100 yds.
wink.gif

Right after shooting that group, my hunting partner sat down with it and shot a mirror group in the upper right hand quadrant of the aiming square that measured under 1/2". The two groups would have overlapped slightly had they been shot on same square. It's not difficult to shoot good groups w/that rifle.

Regards,
hm

Back